VOL.2 [Chapter 45, Announcement of an international engagement.]

[Padge's perspective]

"How do I look?"

The question came from a beaming Pomae as she stepped into the room again.

She wore a kimono of deep, regal blue. Long slits lined both her legs and she poked one out seductively.

The ribbon around her waist was a light blue and she held one hand on her hip as she cocked it, a smile on her face.

"You're beautiful." I told her and she skipped a few steps as she made her way to me.

A soft touch on my cheek, she pecked me a kiss and turned my head with a gentle hand.

Our lips touched and she slipped her tongue into my mouth smoothly.

I did not resist her either, Alyssa had made a fair point.

The girl had conquered my heart, and she deserved to know it.

"Pwah..." She exhaled as our lips separated again and smiled at me.

"Ooh, my little girl won!" I heard Xeahia's shout come from the door as she stepped in.

"Sorry for not announcing you, Your Imperial Highness..." Saki apologized, and the Empress nodded at her.

"It's fine, I got to see the beautiful sight of my daughter's first kiss."

As she spoke, the faun empress stood with a beaming smile.

"Actually, Mother, this is my second kiss." Pomae replied and the empress dropped to her knees in an overly dramatic way.

"Noooooo..."

She really made a show of having missed her daughter's first kiss.

"M-Mother!?" Pomae exclaimed and her mother began giggling.

She still stat on her knees, but smiled at her daughter, nonetheless.

"So, when's the wedding going to be?" She suddenly asked and Pomae choked on, well, nothing... She just choked as she heard her mother ask when the wedding would be.

"M-Mother!?" She exclaimed again and I smiled at her.

"Well, I guess this is a good timing for you to arrive, Empress Montagnon." Alyssa suddenly interjected and Pomae choked again, again on nothing.

"Wh-what!?" She exclaimed.

"Why are you shouting so much?" I asked her.

"I-I-I... I don't know, I'm just a bit surprised, I guess."

"Well, I wanted to discuss that with you and Alyssa anyway." I told her and Pomae cocked her head, and then burst into a broad, beaming smile.

This is worth that smile...

"Well, can I call you my son-in-law yet?" Xeahia asked and I grinned.

"Isn't that normally after the wedding?" I asked her, intending no harm with it, I just wanted to mess with her a little.

"Oh, don't be such a prude." She replied in similar teasing tone.

"Well, anyway... Pomae, Alyssa pointed one thing out to me, and I agree that I need to be honest with you about that fact." I said, turning my attention to the girl before me.

Her eyes shone like the sun itself and her smile only broadened as I spoke.

Those eyes, filled with eager anticipation as she waited for me to start talking.

I felt my own nerves rise up as well, keeping me silent for a moment.

"Padge..." Alyssa spoke harshly and drew me back into reality.