VOL.3 [Chapter 12, The Elven 'Ambassadors'.]

[Padge's perspective]

Around lunchtime that day, after having sent Alina off to 'fix' her fiancée's breasts I received a mental communication from Hikome.

Milord, I have some information, I think you would like to know immediately. She told me through the enchanted 'badge of office' which also doubled as a magical multi-tool for spies.

Not only was it her literal badge of office when she was out in the field, it was a comms-unit, cloaking device and emergency teleport... all in one, so it was of crucial importance that it could only be used by the person it was made for, and me of course.

I'm, listening. I told her and she began to explain her unexpected findings.

Having found the Elven Lords chambers and office, I found paperwork describing the political assimilation of Ruflourus into Sheydan as a colony kind of area. In a way the state is similar to what happened to Ganrosia and Yggdrasil, only it was done through political assimilation and slowly taking over the political control of the nation.

This means that by attacking Ruflourus it would have by default been an attack on Sheydan. Drawing up the dates on papers I found, it would seem that the take-over happened shortly after the sudden disappearance of the Ruflourus capital at your hands, My Lord.

Included in similar papers I found, are seven other smaller nations who underwent similar take-overs from Sheydan. I advise caution in any dealings with the Elven Kingdom or utmost violence and total annihilation, I fear from evidence found that there may be no middle ground. That is all I have right now.

After that, I acknowledged the information and wrote it down and the connection was cut off.

"Ah, the foolish elves again?" Seleris spoke as I felt pressure on my shoulders and neck as her face appeared next to me.

"Yeah, did they give a lot of trouble in the past?" I inquired and she nodded.

"Enough for their gods to abandon them. Vain fools they are." She replied and I sighed as I had a fearful idea rise.

"Don't tell me they wound up twisting the abandonment by their gods into something 'positive'?" I almost dreaded the answer and right away wished I had not asked that question in the first place.

"Yup, very much so. For as long as we abandoned them, they've been teaching their youths that their gods left once they surpassed them in all ways. The very pinnacle of foolishness and vanity."

"I am going to hate dealing with those people." I replied and she nodded.

"And like your cute little spy told you, either extreme caution or total annihilation, either way, it will end badly." She told me and I finally felt I had the room to look around.

Tits!? I exclaimed mentally once I saw the two huge lumps of softness pressing in my neck.

"Really, Jorm, trying to seduce me or something?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Nope just messin' with you. Don't fret it, I'll be gone for a couple of days, Uncle asked me to report to him and I might be able to arrange a few people as back up should the elves demand a meeting with you. They usually do when they set their eyes on someone's lands." She told me and I sighed.

"I see." I muttered and she slithered off, vanishing around the corner.

"Let me know when you receive word from them!" She called from the hallway.

[Alyssa's perspective]

Simply laying in some of the garden chairs, Pomae and I were having a casual conversation while we watched Matthew playing with the, by now eight dire wolves we had.