[Chapter 21, Travels to Ganrosia.]

[Alyssa's perspective]

The morning of our departure to Ganrosia had come at last.

I woke in the arms of Padge who was still asleep.

I flicked my ears a few times and rested my head against his chin above me. I lay calmly and contentedly in his arms.

About half a bell had passed since I woke before I chose to wake Padge, we had to get ready.

So I gave him a brief kiss while I gently pinched his ear.

I knew he was weak there so this should wake him.

"Morning Baby..." I whispered when he opened his eyes. "...Morning..." He replied and reached for me.

His hand resting on my cheek, I looked into his eyes saw a dark dullness of depression in them.

"You worry about the journey?" I asked him and he nodded silently, before he turned to sit on the edge, and got out of bed.

"No matter how much I don't want to go there... I rather just let the jerk choke on his breakfast. But he won't do that without a little help so we gotta go to his damned city anyway. And if peace is an option I'd rather go that way." He grumpily muttered as he struggled to get into the stiff leather of his riding pants.

I, myself got out of bed and had a lot easier time with the leather pants. Modifications had been made so I could simply tie a little bow above my tails to keep the pants together where I now had a cut-out, since my tail base had now grown considerably.

I did struggle a little with the first time for me tying a bow behind my back and being unable to see what I'm doing. "...Here..." Padge spoke as his hands gently took my fumbling fingers and carefully tied the laced string that had been added at the top of my tails.

"Thank you, Baby... Ehm..."

I could not help but feel a little embarrassed, but we had each purchased a velcik drake and I wanted to name mine, but I had no idea how he would respond to that.

But when do I start that conversation?

"We should head to the town square. I had asked Caroll to have on-the-road meals ready for us. The caravan should be standing ready by now." Padge spoke when the bells ran throughout Wolven Hollow.

For the first time, did all four bells in the clock tower above the town hall toll together consecutively this long.

It indicated our official departure for negotiations drew near.

We had our luggage sent to the town hall the evening prior, where everything had been in preparation for the departure this morning.

And so we simply could walk our final stroll through Asgard to the gate.

Our four Valkyries accompanied us and returned to our house once we had passed under the gate.

Both sides of the stone archway that separated Asgard from the rest of Wolven Hollow had the name of the area chiseled into it in the usual Esada script.

We made our way through the streets, lined with citizens.

The roads themselves were, empty except for me and Padge.

Arriving at the town square, there stood three guards, with each a velcik drake mount next to them, reins in hand.

In front of them, stood Caroll with the reins of both my and Padge's drakes.

My black-copper-scale drake stood nervously when I stood in front of her.

She slowly arched her neck my way and sniffed a few times.