VOL.2 [Chapter 10,Dwarves and Gods.]

[Alyssa's perspective]

I had eaten my fill while the Forge King and Queen still sat gracefully eating from the massive amounts of food that had been prepared by our Council chefs.

While I exhaled contently, I placed my hand on my lower abdomen again, where I knew our child was slowly growing and could not keep myself from smiling.

"Pardon my intrusion, but are you expecting a child?" the Queen of Medrus asked me and I jerked my head in surprise at Padge, who calmly nodded.

"We are indeed, it was only yesterday our Imperial Physician confirmed my wife is pregnant. However, we would greatly appreciate if you could not mention this to anyone, we are keeping my wife's pregnancy on the down low for now so she can calmly carry our child until it is time to officially announce the fact to the populace." Padge spoke calmly as he answered the Queen's sudden question and I could only gaze at her in confusion.

"H-h-how did you know?" I stammered, completely forgetting the normal formalities the Council had drilled into both me and Padge recently.

"Well, in all honesty, I recognized the smile you had along with the hand right above where the child would be, Your Imperial Highness." Queen Thruna spoke and she and her husband both congratulated us on the fact and agreed to remain silent about the pregnancy, to my relief.

They also let my slip-up of the formalities go without trouble.

"It is understandable that one would be startled when another can tell so easily at a first glance, I can understand that much. It was the exact same way I accidentally let fact of my early pregnancy of our Crown Prince, Kragen Mourningforge slip at the hand of my own happiness at the time." The Queen replied in understanding, letting me feel a great relief as she continued.

"May I advice one thing, if you and your husband wish to keep the pregnancy secret for now, try to avoid placing any hands there in public, it might cause rumors to start, and they would be grounded in truth. It would be a truly unfortunate way of spoiling the secret to your fine people." She gave a sincere advice and I nodded as I knew she was right.

[Alina's perspective]

Alina had made her way home with Thiseï next to her and dropped herself onto the comfortable couch in the grand parlor of Palace.

"When'll Mommy and Daddy be back?" She asked Thiseï who shrugged casually and replied, "I'm sorry, but I don't know your Highness, I understood they are discussing the first bit of the peace talks the Forge King and Queen came here for." She looked a bit sorry for not being able to answer Alina's question, but Alina instead jumped up and ran to the desk where her Rune homework laid spread out by Seleris and Daddy.

"Alina going to study, Thiseï can call for Aunty Seleris!" She exclaimed and plopped herself down in the small desk chair that stood in front of the notes Alina had made to help her memorize the many different runes.

Shortly after Thiseï had departed to fetch Aunty Seleris for Alina, they both returned and to Alina's surprise, Thiseï came back with Herice in tow.

"Lina, Dear? Are the King and Queen of Medrus here already?" Herice asked and Alina nodded enthusiastically at his question.

It was still a little confusing for Alina that Aunty Seleris could become Uncle Herice at a mere whims moment. But actually Alina liked both Uncle Herice and Auntie Seleris really much, he, or she depending on the mood it seemed, was really fun to have around and also really helpful with Alina's studies.

While we sat down at Alina's desk, Uncle Herice gave tips and help for Alina, who was trying to carve a small rune into the small piece of wood she held.