[Chapter 24, A Conquered City]

[Padge's Perspective]

Upon Miyako's magic the two of us floated down to where I could see a host of militia with a single fox girl, her tails and ears unusually white in fur, but she wielded a blade that could only be Kusanagi.

My voice thundered over the entire city of Ganrosia and I could see several ballistae being aimed at me and the Kitsune Goddess next to me. She grinned widely at me and whispered a single word at me.

"...Watch..." With the word she stretched her arm at one of the siege weapons aimed for us and clenched her open hand into a fist. That very moment, the ballista she aimed at burst into a bright blue inferno, rendering it utterly useless.

Meanwhile the two of us floated from the annihilated castle left in the wake of my final gift to the 'late Shitford Tah'kor', the total destruction of his castle.

A single «Shatter» with a focus on the entire building left a massive pile of shattered stone and wood tumbling to the ground where once had been a 'fairy tale castle' absolutely only serving to satisfy an overly vain family of wolves.

But between the falling rubble, Miyako and I floated to where I could see our guard escort with 'Alyssa' and a large group in ragged jute clothing.

'Padge, Baby!' A welcoming voice called at me as soon as Miyako's orb of light faded once we were safely on the ground. A fox kin girl ran at me and flung her arms around my neck as I joined my guard I had brought along to this wretched city.

"I'll be leaving now, I can't meddle any more than I already have, take care of my daughter... Fenrir." Miyako spoke and all I caught walking off after I stood next to Alyssa was the white furred fox with her nine tails blurring into one.

"Alyssa, what happened to your hair...?" I asked her as we stood facing the ravaged bridge in the wake of her swings with Kusanagi. I had been able to tell from a distance her fur and hair had all turned from the blonde it had become, to the white is now was.

You could compare it to a normal fox that turned lighter, a similar fox only blonde and now she would be a snow fox in comparison.

At my question, Alyssa tilted her head curiously and her ears flicked worriedly. "...Huh..." Was her only spoken response, until I pointed at her tails.

She began wagging them unconsciously and carefully took one in hand to look. At the sight of her white tails she gave me a frightened look. "Wh-wh-what's ha-a-ppening to me?" She stammered and I smiled at her.

"Another step in the Kitsune Rising I think. Remember, Miyako also has the same white fur." I told her softly and she stopped wagging her tails instantly, as a pale confused look appeared in her eyes while they trailed where the Mother of Kitsune had walked off to.

"Milord, Milady, we should continue before more soldiers show up." Renna spoke while a young girl stood clamping onto her arm, a pained expression on her face.

Scales of copper and a tail, she even had a pair of copper scaled wings on her back and two short horns on her head.

"Milord, if you would please heal this poor girl. During the raid Ganrosian soldiers broke two fingers in her wings to subdue her." Renna spoke while the girl looked at me with frightened eyes. She tried to hide behind the elven woman whose hand she frightfully held on to.

"Come here, I'll heal your wing for you..." I spoke and kneeled to Renna's side to face the girl, who tried to hide behind her even farther into the little space that Renna took up with her lithe figure.

"It's okay, I'm also here to keep you safe, and you're still with my wife, Alyssa... I'm going to help protect you." I spoke and she shook her head, copper brown hair flying wildly as she did so.