VOL.2 [Chapter 3, A child's nightmares.]

[Author's note]

I am really glad with the growing following for my works here on Wattpad, my Patreon releases are still going strong and from this post forward, the chapters will also become available for free a week after they release as Patron only, just like the uploads here on Wattpad one week after Patreon. To get the ebook versions of my works and support my writing, you can join my Patreon, there are individual subscriptions for the different books and their future volumes, and as of recently an all-in bundle with additional perks, the {Overpowered Protag}, this is a 25 dollar subscription, but you get all the ebooks 1 month before their regular release and the option to suggest story arcs for future use in the different stories I have running.

Also the option of a limited amount of only 50 times available {First Transgressors of Worlds} which get all the benefits of my early releases and get a special rank in my Discord server to keep in contact with me as well as the option to make a guest appearance in one of my works. On top of that all of those who purchase this limited amount available tier, will get shoutouts in the published ebooks from their joining on out.

I am a fanatical writer and love doing what I do, but I would love to be able to make a living writing. If you want to support my writing, my Patreon can be found here:

https://www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

[The Story... Roll for Initiative]

[Alina's perspective]

Alina had unexpected dreams of long ago. Mommy and Daddy were not new Mommy and Daddy, but old Mommy and Daddy.

With a happy smile Alina was picked up from small crib-like bed and dressed in clothes by Mommy, Daddy stood in living room with breakfast for three of us.

"Well little Lina, are you ready to get the new clothes for the Mid-Summer festival?" Mommy asked while Alina was eating the food Daddy had set down for her, but bad feeling grew. Only Alina could not place bad feeling, Alina was happy to see old Mommy and Daddy again.

When everyone had eaten, Mommy got out Alina's overcoat for the cold autumn weather like she often did when we went outside.

Alina never understood why Mommy, Daddy and Alina get sluggish and tired if cold, but Alina did know she must keep warm.

Winter had already passed and Alina had been really tired a lot of times, slept a lot because of that. But Daddy always kept the house warm with a nice warm fire in the large fireplace the house had.

When Mommy had helped Alina into overcoat, she and Daddy put on their own overcoats and we left the house.

Alina happily walked hand in hand with both Mommy and Daddy on either side. We slowly made way down the poorer areas of big city we live in to large market with many pretty stores lining it.

Alina could only stare with big eyes at the many big, different signs above the many stores. All sorts of nice smells filled the air around the bustle of many people buying their foods for the day and spices Alina did not know names of.

A large field of grass with low fence around it was filled with pretty and nice smelling flowers and Alina pulled Mommy and Daddy to see the flowers as she normally would when we get here.

After a while, Mommy took Alina's hand again, saying, "Come dear, we need to pick up your clothes, they should be done." She said it so nicely; Mommy's calm voice always soothed Alina when she was afraid and scared.

Walking down the side of the flower field, Mommy led Alina by the hand with Daddy close behind as he had been asked something by man Alina did not know.