Chapter 31, The drake stable's hatchery

[Alyssa's perspective]

Having just laid my daughter to rest again, I closed the door to Alina's room as she flexed her wings for comfort while she went back to sleep.

I heard a few muffled laughs from the living room and made my way back to find an unpleasant sight.

As I stepped into the large opening leading to our main living space, I saw Miyako on our sofa.

She lay on her side, one arm around her belly, just below her large bust. Her head being supported by the other and her legs seductively over the other end of the sofa.

Her large bush of white tails held aloft behind her proudly she lay there.

I could clearly see far too deep into her cleavage as her yukata hid nothing and I even spotted a slight view of one of her nipples.

This woman, can she get even more laid back than this... I thought and stepped into the room with a deep sigh.

"What's wrong dear, getting' tired? I can keep yer husband company while ye rest."

Miyako's calm voice reached me and I simply hung my head.

"Well Fenrir, Kiddo. Ever thought about gettin' that cute daughter o' yours outta the house and in contact with other kids 'er age. Would be a shame to let 'er become as much a shut-in as the two o' ye're... Kids need friends y'know. An' I guess ye two can use a few yerself. Even gods have friends y'know." She continued and I dropped myself onto a chair opposite to the birth mother of my own people.

"Miyako, you know it feels weird to have the deities responsible for two of the most prominent beast folk in our world this close. I mean I'm a descendant of your children... it's... weird being told to get friends by you. And I do have a few..." I rebuked her and a sly smile formed on the Goddess' lips.

Her thin light pink lips curled up revealing a slightly pointed canine as she smile at me.

"Child... y've got two friends... a rabbit and a kobold... that's it. I kinda get where the little cutie in there..." She turned her head and pointed a finger from under her breasts in the direction of Alina's room and continued, "hasn't gotten to know anyone other than the two o' ye.

I get why she's scared o' her own aunt. But yer husband's even worse than ye are Child. He's got no'ne b'sides ye. Eh Fenrir, get some people around ye to wind down occasionally.

Even the kings of other countries have a few close friends. Why'd ye have to be diff'rent. Eh?"

She seemed to have a point and I knew I did not want to admit it, but I saw Padge give a worried look my way as I met his eyes.

"See Kiddo's, ye both know ye need a few more friends in yer life. Get out o' yer house a bit more. Anyway, I'll be droppin' by with Odin-Boy soon to announce our engagement. Well anyway. Inari's limit to my time among the mortals runs thin again. I'll see ye soon. An' I'll let ye know when I'll drop by. Don't wanna get that kinda punch 'gain. Good left punch though." She spoke and flung her long slender legs into the air and jumped onto her feet from how she lay on our sofa before walking off in some random direction after she left the front door.

"Milord, Milady. Where'd that fox come from?!" The Valkyries on duty called in surprise and I told them to stand down.

"Let's get to... Padge, Honey. You've got a little blood... right there." I said and noticed the nosebleed that trickled thinly from his nose and he gave a somewhat flustered response and wiped his nose quickly, staining his hand a deep red.

"Let's get some sleep. We should get Alina out of the house more. Miyako is right in that regard." I told him and he nodded slowly.

His face was flushed red and I could imagine what he had seen from Miyako.