[Chapter 6, The times will change]

With the planning that had gone into the defensive spells around Wolven Hollow, Alyssa had been pressing me the last month to explain where the 'strange symbols' throughout town came from.

"Darling you know it's too dangerous to talk about that level of secret information... not even Caroll has heard the names of those... gugh." As I tried to explain to Alyssa I couldn't tell her, she proved to be stronger than her fragile frame made her look as she punched me in the gut.

"So you refuse to let your wife in on the symbols from that same world where you lived your previous life... jerk." She growled. Although she was clearly pissed at me, her face showed her pain.

"Sorry, Darling. I know you want to know more about that part of my past and they are a part of it..." As I spoke I let go of a heaving sigh and stepped into the gap between us.

While I held my wife, I heard her whisper, "Do you hate that life so much?" Her question shocked me. Not once, since the first Ganrosian attack was stopped by me, had I come to think of finishing our talk.

And with that in mind I made my decision. "Come Darling, let's sit down and see what you want to know." As I spoke I led her to the sofa and sat down with her. Fumbling her hands in front of her, Alyssa sat silently her three tails in what seemed to be a nervous position.

Damn you look too cute like that. I thought and hugged her.

"Take your time we have three highly skilled guards around the house... and my wards... it'll be fine, we have the time." I told her and she started crying.

Her soft sobs shaking her entire body as her fingers dug into my shirt. She really was in a bad place in her head it seemed.

Gently laying my forehead to hers, I felt her ears fall flat in surprise as hers touched mine. I knew this would be difficult, but I had to try something, so I focused on Alyssa's aura.

While wrapping my own aura around hers I took a leap of faith and pushed my conscience from my third eye into hers and managed to partially merge our minds.

My world went black and all I heard was that familiar girly voice, sobbing violently. "Alyssa?!" I called out and the sobbing grew closer.

My head turning I looked around but found nothing but black. Still even after I called her name for another five times Alyssa was still sobbing distantly.

The sound seemed to be originating from the edges of this place.

Walking in a seemingly random direction I stepped into a street.

Color filtered around me as from the pitch black that surrounded me, a street was conjured. It was the street where my parents and I used to live. From the sounds of it, it was the day of a celebration.

When I walked up to my old home I saw a little fox eared girl standing by the window on tiptoes, silent tears rolling down her cheeks. "Now it's im-poss'ble... waaah." As the girl shouted that through her tears and wails I realized that was Alyssa.