VOL.2 [Chapter 15, Worries of a child.]

[Alina's perspective]

A loud sound woke Alina from sleep, immediately followed by the howling of wolves.

In Alina's room, Harold immediately began barking and leapt onto the bed, almost like trying to protect her.

Grrrrr....

Harold let go of low, deep growl and kept staring at the door to the hallway of the palace, near Mommy and Daddy's room.

"Harold, down..." Alina said to him and Harold gave her a confused glance, when Alina felt something from him.

Almost like, acceptance.

"Harold?" Alina asked softly and a feeling of recognition flooded into Alina's mind.

When the loud flapping of birds outside and the howling of wolves stopped suddenly, a dreading silence hung over Wolven Hollow, making Alina feel scared.

"M-Mommy...?" Alina asked as the sound of fabric being torn echoed through the halls and soon Mommy's voice rang loudly.

Although she wanted to know what was happening, Alina was far too afraid to leave her room now, so she cuddled up with Harold who still sat next to her in the large bed.

Several times the tolling of the bells in the city resounded clearly when a gentle knock came to Alina's door.

"Lina? You okay?" Auntie Seleris' voice came from the other side, so Alina leapt from her bed in fear and ran to the door.

After Auntie Seleris had somewhat explained what had happened, Alina sat with her in the main parlor of the Palace, but Alina still feared for what had happened to Daddy.

"He'll be alright dear. It was just the time he was forced by his magic to stay awake that made him collapse here, that's why he's resting together with your mother now." She said, giving Alina a warm hug.

"Can Alina go see Mommy and Daddy for a moment?" Alina asked, her fears resounding in her voice, but Auntie Seleris nodded calmly.

"Come, we'll go see them, but they are asleep right now, so try to be quiet, okay." She said and took Alina's hand.

[Padge's perspective]

Shortly after returning home, all I recall was seeing Alyssa run at me, her large belly clearly making her sprint far more difficult. Tears flowed down her cheeks and even before I knew if she made it to me, I lost consciousness, simply passing out on the spot.

But now, I was having horrible nightmares as I simply was forced to give in to the exhaustion caused by my spell.

The visage of people running around in absolute panic filled my mind.

But this time, not from a bird's eye view like I had before, this time I stood in the city, on the ground.

People ran around in a complete disarray as panic reigned the streets around me.

Sometimes, people would suddenly stop running and look at their hands.

The black and purple cracks running down their hands and arms clearly shocking them.

Some of them, were stabbed to death on the spot by other people, others simply exploded into nothingness.

While my nightmares seemed to last forever, I felt a cold sweat staining my back as I made my way though the city helplessly, people all around me screaming for help, forgiveness, and mercy.

But they all exploded into nothingness. No-one was left untouched.

The buildings around me, stood strong and sturdy, even as they were being annihilated on the surface by the sheer force of my magic that simply made it look like the actual building was crumbling on the spot.