Chapter 32, A Change for the City.

[Padge's perspective]

When I heard Alyssa had managed to get some interaction between Alina and Ghaan, the half-kobold daughter of the oddest couple I knew in Wolven Hollow I felt glad that our daughter was more easy-going with people than she first let off.

It was when the message from the 'kobold-gnome' couple's daughter came that hatching season was over, that Alina sat fidgety a lot for three days straight.

Alina had hoarded the simple letter for some reason and ran to her room with it.

"She got along with them I'd guess from this...?" I asked Alyssa who had been watching Alina's odd behavior with as much confusion as I had.

"Yeah, she sat talking with Ghaan so happily while the planning for her lessons on how to take care of Marvin and how to ride him was ongoing, but she really gets hyped it seems." She replied and gave a wry smile as Alina rushed through the corridor and living room in her skirt, halter neck shirt and cardigan she always wore over her shoulders.

Bolting through the front door, Alina ran in far faster than I'd have liked to see her do. But she was halted abruptly by a sudden appearance in the front door opening.

"Kyaa...owieowieowie...!" Alina shrieked and rubbed her forehead where she had fallen onto her butt in the small landing between the living room and front door.

With both doors wide open, I could see a young woman from the ranks of our Valkyries.

She extended a hand to Alina who sat on her butt rubbing her nose.

With a slightly surprised glance, Alina took the extended hand from the wolf girl.

"I'm sorry Your Highness... I had not expected you to run through the house." She spoke while pulling Alina to her feet. "Sorrysorrysorry, Alina in hurry..." Our daughter called and bolted past the shocked wolf folk Valkyrie who simply gazed into the distance where Alina had ran off to.

"Pardon me, Your Highness, I came to report a message that has been sent from one of our border securities." She spoke and presented a sealed letter to me.

With a small knife on the table before me, I broke open the wax seal and unrolled the scroll and read the message.

The first thing written on the parchment was a declaration of resistance from Ganrosian nobility.

They seemed unwilling to be annexed fully into the territory of Yggdrasil and had sent a few messengers to deliver their refusal to give up the city and its terrain.

Their refusal was a fear of losing their self-governed ground

"Sounds like their pride is in the way of common sense there. They saw what I did to their 'precious' Fangdor Castle... Heh idiots." I chuckled and read the next few paragraphs and realized they were trying to at least negotiate properly.

"Padge, Baby, what does it read?" Alyssa asked and I handed her the letter.

With a confused gaze, she turned back to me.

"They wish to establish a local government under Yggdrasil..." She muttered and gazed absently at the message.

The local nobles wished to perform a ceremony to pledge their allegiance to Yggdrasil and Alyssa and me.

They planned on simply making sure the local things of importance continued.

All that was needed now was an official from the government to go there to supervise that very ceremony.

"We could send Caroll that way for this. I'm not planning on going back there for a long while." Alyssa spoke venomously and handed me the letter back and I simply nodded.