[Chapter 28, An unexpected chain of events.]

[Padge's perspective]

I had spent an entire afternoon with Alina in the Spell Park when Alyssa called for us from the road leading to the main part of Asgard.

"Lina, let's go get dinner, shall we?!" She called and the three of us gathered near the edge of the field of tall grass the clearing had become over time.

"Are you beginning to get used to your new home, Lina?" Alyssa asked while we walked through the gate leading from the Spell Park to the secured area of the shrine.

"Slowly, Alina still feels weird bein' Princess suddenly..." She replied and I ruffled her hair a little as she walked between me and Alyssa.

"Well I have a bunch of clothing for training lying for you to fit at home, we can't really have you in your good clothing when you're going to end up sitting in the grass and stuff." Alyssa spoke smiling and I felt a slight tug on my sleeve.

Turning to face the girl between me and my wife, I saw Alina stood nervously looking at her feet, wings folded as close to her body as she could get them, her tail trembling under the skirt of her dress making the entire thing shake and rustle with the motion.

" "What's wrong?" " I asked in unison with Alyssa as we faced our daughter who stood still all of a sudden.

"...Lina...?" Alyssa asked and slowly kneeled before the trembling girl.

"...Alina, what's wrong...?"

For a while Alina stood simply trembling and seemed to have completely shut herself off from the world beyond her, when I noticed what was wrong.

"Aly, Dear, step back a bit... Things're gonna get nasty in a..."

While I carefully backed away from our daughter with Alyssa, the thing Alina had feared since coming with us happened.

Bang!

A gust of wind accompanied by a loud blast erupted from the girl, her eyes had a faint glow of excess mana over them, her body vaguely trembled with the out of control mana and in rapid succession several blasts like the one moments ago erupted from her.

"Lina...!" Alyssa shouted in fear but was held back by my arm in front of her.

"She needs to learn to control this, we can't panic now... or else she'll just grow afraid of her own power..." I spoke and gave Alyssa a look for a mere moment that was filled with regret, before I pulled a stone case around her to keep her safe.

"Lina, I'm going to help you calm this... it'll be alright, okay..." I spoke while the blasts of uncontrolled magic battered me while a shield of my own mana warded off the majority of harmful force behind them.

It felt reminiscent to wading through the sea while being smashed back by large rolling waves as I tried to get close enough to Alina who stood at the center of this magical onslaught.

Padge, focus, if this is magic it might be possible to disrupt the spells and stop this... I though in a frenzied flow of thoughts.

Trying to hold my ground I closed my eyes and focused my third eye to open momentarily.

I had to see through there now to properly help my own daughter.

With nothing but the feeling of being knocked backwards ever so steadily, my vision went from the pitch black of my closed eyelids, to a strangely illuminated view that consisted of nothing but lines of light in abstract shapes that merged and split all the time.

At the center of my vision, I saw a raging torrent of energies that repeatedly sent out blasts.

The closest description I could compare it to, would be a heavy duty lightshow with lasers and a lot of fog as I saw the trails of energy bursting from Alina in front of me.