『 CHAPTER 18 』

THE ROYAL BALL

━─━────༺༻────━─━

MARIA'S POV

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" I almost yelled.

"Shh!" He replied.

"Stop playing around! I already make a noise in here Silver! Gosh you scared the hell out of me!" I said and pushed him with force and get the book that I want in his hands.

"Woah easy in there Maria." He said as I keep throwing the books that I got. I stopped when I realize that I was in the library of the kingdom of knowledge.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked him as he laughed.

"I joined the others." He said as I looked at him questionly.

"Who is these others that you're talking about?" I asked him as he sigh.

"Remember that I refuse the Blessed Rose offer when the day we saved the Flame Princess. She's asking for too much to join her to rebel against Mephiles." Silver said that made my heart punded in nervousness.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you joined them." I said and I was hoping for him to shrugged his head or say 'no' but instead, he gave me a smile that reached his eyes.

"Silver... What the heck is wrong with you?" I asked him.

"This is better for the sake of the future. I can't let just watch the others dying while I was glued in my room. I rather die for freedom than to stay and look at the future, and wait till after my death doing nothing." He said as I balled my hands and looked at him.

"I-It's not fair... You're back being a knight?" I asked him as he nodded in response.

"So you joined the Blessed Rose and the other knights?" I asked as he nodded again.

"If you die." I cannot hold my tears any longer. "I don't know if reincarnation does still exists. I'm immortal Silver... And you'll die because you're a normal hog." I want him to stay with me.

"I don't want you to leave." I said as he sighed.

"I want to fight Maria... Sorry for being mean to you if I have to say and do this. But I prefer to push you away and ended our friendship if you can't respect my decision. You're too selfish and I don't like it, you have no rights to act like that." He said seriously as I wiped my tears away from me.

"I'm not selfish Silver. I cared for you and you're the only family that I have... We're like brother and sister and I don't want you to die." I said as he shrugged his head.

"I'll give up if you disobey me... I don't know what to do if you and the others died because of that foolishness. Mephiles can be beaten without a war... I can give myself to him to save you guys." I said as Silver looked at me with a shock expression in his face.

"Gu-Guinevere! D-Don't do it." He begged as I smiled.

"I can Silver... I owe the Lady of the Lake a lot. She's the reason why I am a hedgehog because of this." I showed him the silver ring in my thumb.

"She blessed this ring... And to repay her, the only thing that I can do is to watch her daughter grow up being a fine lady. The Blessed Rose is the next lady of the lake and she's the last generation in their kind." I said as I pointed him.