『 CHAPTER 37 』

MERLINA VS. SONIC

━─━────༺༻────━─━

SONIC'S POV

I still can't believe that those boys from yesterday keep on asking about Amy's personal life. And now she's lying to me and give a good excuse that—

"Sonic! Those knights are asking for Maria to become their teacher aside from Blaze!"

That's a d@mn sh1t!!

I saw everything yesterday! Those boys are smiling and enjoying Amy's outfit, and the way she talks to them seemed like all of them are long best buddies.

I decided to stroll around the forest this morning to cool my nerves and forget everything what I saw yesterday. It gives me a total headache and I don't want to go back to my room, all the furnitures that was displayed in there got easily broken. I throw all of them because of my anger.

Doesn't she know that I already like her? I confessed my feelings to her already.

She is so hard to get!

While walking, I saw an unfamiliar figure and since I am a curious hog who likes to touch something that is new and I like to communicate with others. I don't care if they are strangers, I am happy that I go back to my normal self and I still have a chance to wonder around and check the whole land.

"Whose in there?" A girl asked when I got closer to her. She's wearing a brown cloak that covers her body.

"Uhh... I'm a rat- I mean hedgehog." I said as I slapped my self when my words slipped that I'm a rat.

Knuckles and I have arguments and he called me a Rat. Now that doesn't sound so funny at all.

"Sonic the hedgehog?" The girl asked. When I looked at her, all I can feel is anger towards her.

That monster.

"Oh it is you Merlin. Nice to meet cha!" I said with a fake laugh as she removed the hood of her cloak. Revealing her dark pink hair and blue eyes.

"It's Merlina." She said as I get my sword and rushed straight to her.

"You disgusting wizard. Why are you wondering around? You should be at your master right? You're a fool." I said and keep on fighting but she easily dodges my attacks.

I saw her mouth is moving until I dropped the sword and my body froze. I keep on struggling but my body didn't move so I only yelled.

"Excalibur? Did you get this?" She looked at my sword and picked it up as she smiled at me.

"You wouldn't mind if I take this sword with me?" She asked as I laugh.

"You can't take my sword."

"Says who?" She provoked.

"Me, of course." I rolled my eyes. She snapped her fingers that causes me to get out from her spell as I run towards her and give her a punch.

"I didn't know the real reason why you teamed up to be Mephiles' slave. But I pity you that you have a great power but you're using it in evil deeds. What kind of a wizard are you?" I asked in anger as I swing my sword causing for her left cheek to have a big cut.

"You insult me because you know nothing. I just hated everyone!" She laughed at me when I see that her hair become black raven and her dress become black and violet as her eyes become yellow and she have many tattoos that appeared in her body.

"What are you?" I asked her as she points herself.

"I am a wizard."

"You're a monster. A crazy damn monster." I said as she shrugged her head.

"I want power and freedom!" She yelled demonically to me as I smiled and walked closer to her. My fur started to get darker and the Excalibur that I am holding started to turn into black.

"You want power? Then I'll give you one." I said as I stab her chest using my sword. A black flame caused her to yell in pain as I watched her blood coming out from her eyes and mouth.

"I cursed you Ar-Arthur The Hedgehog." She said as I smiled and pushed the Excalibur to her body as she coughed in blood.

"I am already cursed Merlina, because of your curse. I can live forever... You make my life miserable. Now, tell me where is my brother and sister?" I asked as she laughed.

"They are good actually. They choose Lord Mephiles to be their-"

I slapped her and cut her head using my sword as I get her head, leaving her body in the middle of the forest. I held my hand up high and grip Merlina's head tighter as I looked at it with disgust.

"I'll avenge my family, friends and everything." I said as I looked at the unfamiliar figure who is looking at me with a shock.

"A-Ames?" I asked as she moved closer to me with no expression in her face. Only tears that escaped from her eyes.

"S-So-Sonic... What did you do?" She asked as I bowed my head that makes me kneel in front of her.

"You can shout at me." I said.

"You can judge me and throw all your emotions to me. I guess you saw everything." I said.

I thought I'm going to receive a slap.

I thought I'm going to receive a harsh words.

The first time she saw me, I always thought that she's going to run away. But I judged her too much.

I did everything to scare her and make her run away to me. I show all my bad attitudes to her but it's no use. Amy is a tough one.

I just only received a gentle tap on my head that makes me cry.

"Why are you doing this? You're acting so kind to me? Can't you see I am a monster?" I asked that makes her laugh. I looked up and I saw her smiling widely at me with no fake smile.

"You're a blue werehog. I didn't expect for you to act good... I know you're bad. A big bad werehog." She laughed that makes me smiled as I hugged her from her waist.

"Hey Sonic, your knee is hurting for sure. Stand up and don't kneel in front of me."

"Do you accept me?" I asked her as she laughed.

"You're always welcome. I accept you for who you are." She said.

"Do you like me?" I asked her seriously.

"We like you Sonic... All of our friends do like you." She said that made me frown.

She didn't get what I mean to say.

She's too innocent about love.

Does she still like Shadow?

Thinking of her that she likes Shadow makes my heart ache.

"We need to clean and heal your bruises that you got from Merlina. Don't worry, my mouth is zipped and you can trust me. That's what friends do right?" She asked.

"R-Right." I sighed as she take my hand, not minding that there's a blood in my gloves.

Why can't she notice me? I always give her a hint.