『 CHAPTER 51 』

I CHOOSE YOU

━━━━━❘༻༺❘━━━━━

ROUGE'S POV

"Hey Maria." I called her out as she looked at me.

"Can you come with me for a moment? An advance gift for your up coming wedding." I played with my eyebrows as Maria laughed.

She's engaged and she's going to marry Shadow again.

"What kind of gift are you going to give?" She asked me as I sighed.

"Remove your silver ring. Not Shadow's engagement ring but the Blessed ring." I said as Maria and I reached my room and I opened the door.

"R-Rouge... I'm sorry but I can't remove it." As expected, she's hesitant.

"Maria... You're not going to be a human once you drink this." I said as I showed her the blue potion. I'm offering this precious poiso– GIFT because she's a VIP one to me.

"You'll never be a human again once you drink this potion that I made for you, but... the problem is, your immortality side will fade once you drink this potion. You will be a mortal just like your husband and us." I warned as I give her the potion.

"Drink it, and after that, remove the ring." I said as she sighed. She drink the potion that I made and her face was priceless... The taste of the potion that I made really taste bad that makes some of my friends feel so disgusted about it. One time that I visit Blaze to her room with Amy, I gave her my healing potion and she drank it. The glass of potion was shattered into pieces because Blaze said that it taste really bad.

"Let's see... Remove it now." I said to her as she sighed and slowly remove the ring. Maria was so shocked at first and a sweet smile formed her lips.

"It worked!" She happily hugged me.

"Thank you Rouge!" A woman's smile is the most valuable treasure for me. I cannot just stand still and my body moves on it's own, embracing Maria full of warmth.

"May the two of you guys found happiness." I said as she laughed.

"I feel the same way with the two of you guys too." She said that makes me looked at her with curiosity.

"Knuckles is waiting for you outside the castle." She said that makes my heart jumped.

"Go now!" She said as I hurriedly go outside the castle. I don't know what kind of feeling that I've had but... I feel so exited which I find it weird.

I was outside the castle when someone grabbed my hand that makes me yelp. I was going to elbowed this guy when he spoke. My body froze and he slowly removed his hand to my mouth, I looked back as I saw Knuckles giving me a warm smile.

Why is he like that? And he's not wearing his armor. Just his usual outfit, 2 white gloves and a simple shoes.

"Uh... R-Rouge. C-Can you go out with me and wonder around the place?" His voice is gentle that made me nodded in response.

He and I usually fight and I'm not used to it that he's acting so weird like this. Polite and quiet. Where is the hot headed and a knuckle head Knuckles that I've used to know? I just notice that he's carrying a brown small sling bag.

"Why do you need to carry a sling bag? Where are you going after this?" I asked him as he shook his head.

"Let's just forget our problems and spend our time together without any arguments." He said as he and I reached a simple restaurant. We go inside and order a food, after that, we go to the vacant seat for two and sit in there.

"Hey Rouge?" He asked that makes me slammed my hands at the table.

"I'm not used to this. Why are you acting like this? Is there something wrong? Tell me what is the matter?" I questioned till  our food arrived early, he and I eat silently and we let the awkward atmosphere surround us.

After we ate, we go back to the castle and I rushed to go inside when I stopped. I looked back because I feel no one was following me and I was right. Knuckles was behind me, watching me from a far to go inside.

"Why can't you go inside?" I asked and walked towards him. Only the sound of my heels can be heard. It's so quiet, he's quiet and I feel so uncomfortable like I feel he's hiding something to me.

"Tell me the truth. What the hell is going on?" I asked him and I was so shocked when he just hugged me.

"I-I'm leaving." He said that makes my body froze. I want to yell at him but I guess I become mute when I heard his words.

"My business in this place was already over. I'm glad that you become my friend and same with the others. You're the only late one that I'm going to say goodbye. Our friends already knew about it... It wouldn't be nice if I leave you without saying anything." He laughed as I hugged him.

"I-I don't want you to thank me." I said in trembling voice.

"I want you to stay with me. I want you and I to spent our times together. Please don't leave me Knuckles."

"I need to guard the master emerald Rouge. My other kinds are waiting for my return." He said as I feel a single tear escaped from my eyes.

"Knuckles... I'm willing to give up everything. Just please be with me." my face started to heat up when I saw his smile.

"I want to, but I can't." I feel his strong body suddenly moved and he turned his back at me as he started to walk away.

It's now or never... How dare him make me to feel in this way. The feeling that I have for him is too crazy and I don't know what to do now when he's going to leave me.

"Knuckles!!" I shouted his name that makes him stop. I bowed my head in embarrassment as I shout the words aloud.

"I LOVE YOU." I yelled.

"And I'm waiting for your return! If you wouldn't come back! I'll go to the Kingdom of Emeralds and follow you." I said as I hurriedly run away and entered the palace.

"I'll wait for his return." I murmured.