Chapter 1 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

To those who are continuing with my novel, I hope you enjoy the first Chapter!!!!!!! Dont forget to fan me!

***************************************************************************************************************

I was in the flower shop, watering the plants and putting them on display when the manager came in and yelled, "Lucy! You're fired!"

I stared at him wide eyed. "F-f-fired! Why are you firing me?" 

"Because you've been late for the past two weeks. I'm fed up with it!" He yelled. He brought a tiny bag and threw it in my hand. "Here's your last salary."  I emptied the bag to see ten gold coins and thirteen silver coins. I looked at him sadly. "Is there anyway for me to make it up for you? I'll do anything!" I begged.

"I already gave your job to someone else. Now scram!" He yelled. I slowly walked out of the store with my head low. That was my seventh job these past  two months. If I dont find another job and fast, we'll be out of money. Again. I walked to my best friend, Annette's house. I gave three knocks and walked inside. I was greeted by my little brother, William. "Welcome back, Lucy!" He greeted.

"Hey, William!' I greeted back. "Is Annette here?"

"She's in the back taking care of her garden." William said. I walked to the back to see Annette watering her tulips. Despite Annette's beautiful long black hair and tan skin, she doesnt really care for beauty. She would only talk about others and how she would try to help. When she saw me, she ran up to me and gave me a hug. "Hey, Lucy! How was worked?" She asked.

"Fired. Again." I said sadly. She looked at me sadly and gabe me another big hug. "What are you gonna do now? Isn't your rent due soon?" She asked. 

I nodded. "I have enough money for one more month, but unless I can find another job, William and I wont have a place to sleep."

"You can always stay with me." She offered. "My mother just moved out, so I got enough space for you and William." I smiled at her and held her hand. "Why is my life so difficult?" I asked.

"Fate has a strange way of doing things." Annette said. All of a sudden, William came rushing out of the house holding a cup of strawberry juice and asked, "Can you change my juice into a frozen treat? Please!" William pleaded.

"William, you're ten years old! Are'nt you a little old for frozen treats?" Annette asked.

"Never!" William exclaimed. Annette and I laughed. "Fine. But this is the last time I'm doing this." I told him. He gave me an excited look and nodded. I closed my eyes and raised my arm. As I twisted my hand, I opened my eyes to see the once liquid drink turn solid. William grinned and started to lick his frozen strawberry drink. Annette lookedat me and said, "I'll never understand how you can do that."  I starred at her for a long time and said, "Like you said, fate has a strange way of doing things"

**************************************************************************************************************

This might've been a little boring, but please be patient! it'll start to be more intresting soon!! 

**************************************************************************************************************