Chapter 36 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers! One more chapter to go! Im so saad that this has to be over so soon! And I can't think of another story! Oh well, I'll just wait until I get something. Anyhoo, here's Chapter 36, Enjoy!!!!! >.<

***************************************************************************************************************

Everyone was around Lucy's dead body, their hearts filled with sorrow. The rain poured down on us, but we didn't care. I was holding my true love on a battlefield. I couldn't even say a word. What exactly could I say? If Lucy wasn't around me, then no words are meant to be shared. I could hear crying from all around. William was practically screaming for Lucy, which made my guilt even worse. I could hear thunder and lightning, which would've frightened Lucy, and she would've jumped into my arms. Lightning, who new that something so frightning could make our love even possible. Suddenly, a black feather appeared from no where and landed on Lucy's chest. "What is this?" I wondered.

"Just a normal feather." Alice said sadly.

But then, Achyls face lit up like a christmas tree. "I'm such an idiot!" She exclaimed.

"What are you-" Abrecan asked.

"Just wait here! I'll be back!" She called out, already running down the hill and into the palace. As we waited for whatever Achyls told us to wait for, we noticed that the rain had lightened up and the thunder and lightning had disappeared. After a while, Achyls came back with a bottle of black liquid. "Sorry I'm late." Achyls gasped.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" I asked her.

"I was working on the ressurection potion while you two were fighting. I can't believe that I'd forgotten about it!" She exclaimed. "Thank you, Lucy!"

"Why are you thanking her?" William sniffed, his eyes red and puffy from crying so much.

"Because I saw her in the gates of pergatory." Achyls told us.

"She was where?" Alice asked.

Achyls groaned. "Pergatory : the middle of heaven and hell, the place where spirits wander. Lucy isn't suppose to be dead, apparently." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Lucy was in pergatory because she wasn't suppose to be dead, and she can come back to life? My mind was dizzy with so many questions that I couldn't even think straight. "What are we waiting for! Lets bring my sister back to life!" William exclaimed.

"Wait! It's not done yet!" Achyls reminded us.

"What else does it need?" Borna asked.

Achyls was silent, and looked at me. "I need a pint of your blood." I looked at her and went pale. My blood? Would that really save Lucy? I looked around and found a sharp rock by Lucy's foot. I grabbed it and sliced my wrist opened. "Nathaniel!" Alice shrieked.

"I'd do anything for Lucy." I said with a wince. "Now hurry up and take up blood." Achyls nodded and placed the bottle over my wounded wrist. As my crimson blood dripped inside the bottle, the sky blue liquid turned purple, drop by drop. Finally, Achyls  took the bottle away and started to stir up the liquid. Alice quickly came to my side and wrapped up my wrist so that it wouldn't get infected. "There. It's done." Achyls said. "But how are we gonna get her to swallow it?"

"Give me that." I said, reaching out my hand.

"What are you planning?" Adabel asked, giving me a suspicious look.

"Just give me the bottle and you'll see." I assured them. Cautious, Achyls slowly handed me the bottle. I took out the cap and started to drink the liquid. "What the hell are you doing!" William screamed.

"Wait, William. I know what he's doing."  Abrecan hushed. I looked at Lucy's face; her beautiful face. I tried to ignore the disgusting taste of this liquid and pressed my lips agains hers. I let the liquid flow from my mouth to hers, allowing her to drink it. Some on the liquid was seeping out of our mouths and dripped down our skin. When my mouth was empty, I pulled away and waited. "Are you sure this is gonna work?" I asked her.

"It should, just be patient." She hissed. Suddenly, Lucy's body began to faintly glow. Wind began to blow genly, and the sun began to rise. Birds came out of no where and began to sing their morning song. Little woodland animals began to surround us. Soon, the glow disappeared, and everything was silent. We all waited. All of a sudden, I saw Lucy's eyes beginning to flutter. Lucy's were wide open, and she took a large breathe. I didn't know what to say because I was so speechless. But she said the first word. "I'm back." She said. Tears flooded my eyes and I laughed a little. I grabbed Lucy's shoulders and laughed/cried. "Oh God! Don't you ever leave me again! Ever!" I cried.

Lucy's eyes began to be flooded with tears as well. "I won't. I promise."

"Lucy!"  William cried. He cut in between Lucy and I, but I let pass for this time. "I thought you were gone forever!"

"I would never leave my little brother alone." Lucy chuckled. Everyone began to cheer for Lucy's ressurection. There were laughs, tears, and hugging. But what relieved me the most was that everything was over. Finally over.

Because of the damage that happened to the castle, we all had to stay at our summer home three miles away. I was standing on my balcony, watching over at the sky.Although I was still bandaged up and wounded, that didn't keep me watching the beautiful multi-colored sky.  It's only been a few hours since the battle, but I still felt at peace. No more suspicions, no more secrets, nothing. Just peace. Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. "May I come in?" A familiar voice asked. I turned around to see Lucy, my ressurected true love. She wore a pale blue gown, but was bandaged all over from the battle. But she still looked beautiful. I smiled and said, "But of course." She smiled and walked on my balcony. She stretched her arms and sighed. All of a sudden, I asked, "How was it?"

"How was what?" She asked.

".......Being dead.." I said silently.

She looked at me and then looked down. "It was beautiful. There were clouds, a beautiful path, I almost didn't want to leave." I felt a little down. Was it really that great? Did she really not want to leave? But then, she grabbed my hands and lifted them. "But no matter how beautiful it was, it was very lonley. I didn't have anyone that could hold me, to love me, to say ' I love you' to. What was missing was you." I blushed a little by those words, and she giggled. Then, she got on her toes and pressed her lips on mine. I laughed silently and continued to kiss her passionetly. I never wanted this moment this end, and I could tell she didn't want it either. When we pulled apart, I grabbed her hand that had her engagement ring and kissed it gently. She laughed and said, "Stop being silly!"

"Whenever I'm with you, I can do anything but." I pulled her in close to me and kissed her. She kissed me back with vigor. And for the rest of the morning, and hopefully our lives, we could continue to kiss like this forever and ever.