Chapter 3 : Lucy

*******************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3 is going to be a little insteresting!!!! >< ENJOY!!! :)

*******************************************************************************************************

I loved to wake up atthe crack of dawn. It's the only time of day where I can use my powers without anyone noticing. I slowly and quietly change my clothes, kissed William on the forehead, and headed to the lake behind our cottege. Instead of wearing a frilly dress, I decided to wear my brown leather boots, my puffy white shirt, and my leather skirt. I also wore my clear blue necklace my mother left me before she died. But I decided to not think about it and just clear my head. I closed my eyes and raised both of my hands. I whispered a soft spell and open my eyes. I see some of the lake water rising on one side, and I see the wind moving.

I smiled and decided to play a little. I moved my left hand and the water followed its motion. I moved my right hand, and the wind moved also to its motion. I  moved my fingers, and water turned into bubbles. I giggled and thought of a great idea. I  raised my right hand, and all of a sudden, my feet wasn't touching the ground. I was flying! The bubbles were surrounding me, shining like stars. I whispered another spell, and one of the bubbles popped and a melody happiness filled the air. For a finishing touch, I clapped my hands together, and the water and the wind colided together, creating a rainbow mist. I laughed. I havent had this much fun in such a long time. Suddenly, William came running outside, screaming, "The landlord is here! The landlord is here!"

"Here!" I yelled. Suddenly, I lost my concentration, and I fell on the ground hard. I quickly got up and ran to the front door. In front of me was the small and plump landlord, Mr. O'Riely. He's something William and I call "The Hot-Headed Leprachon". "Where's my rent money?!" He yelled.

"William, go get me my money bag." I said. William nodded and ran after it. I smiled at Mr. O'Riley and said, "Mr. O'Riley, I have enough money for this month and next month, but I was wondering if you could give us a little discount for the month after?" He turned red, more red than usual. "No! No discounts! Give Me My Money!" He screamed. William came rushing with the money bag. He handed it to Mr. O'Riley, and he swiped it out of William's hand. "Good day!" He yelled. I closed the door and breathed with relief. "Why is he always so mean and scary?' William asked. 

"No idea." I said. All of a sudden, we heard rappid knocking from the door. "I know we payed the full rent!" I yelled. I opened the door to see not Mr. O'Reiley, but Annette wide eyed. "Well, you dont need to tell me." Annette said.

"Sorry, Annette! I though you were our landlord." I apologized.

"It's okay, I'm too excited!" Annette squealed.

"For what?" I asked.

"For what?! The ball, of course! The prince's fiancè, the Princess Fay of Dubois, is coming to Acelin to settle in before the wedding, so there throwing a welcoming ball!" Annette cheered. Even though Annettte's looks made her look as graceful as a swan, she loves to go to balls, parties, and drinking. "What does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"Um, because your going with me! The whole kingdom is invited, and your coming with me!" Annette said.

I gave her a strange look. "Why would I want to go to a ball? I hate the Royal Family, especially the prince." I said glumly.

Annette gave me a shocked look. "How could you hate Prince Nathaniel?! All the girls love him, all the boys envy him, what could you not love about him?!"

"He's just an egotisical prince who probably hitches with a girl every week. I bet his marriage wont last." I assured. Annette gave me her big eyed puppy dog face and puckered her lips. "Please, Lucy! I'll do anything, just please come with me." She pleaded.

"I'm not even pretty enough to go to a ball." I said. Annette just stared at me as if I just said the stupidest thing in my life. "Not pretty? You're beautiful! You have golden hair like the sun, shiny blue eyes the color of the shiny lake, you have an amazing figure! I think you qualify for one night at a ball." 

"Even if I wanted to go, what about William? I cant leave him alone." I said. All of a sudden, William came into the room from the lake and said, "I can stay at Leonardo's house for the night."

"Are you sure, William? If you want, I can just stay home and read you a story. " I offered.

William sighed. "Lucy, ever since mom died, you've been working and working. I've never seen you have some fun. I think you should go and have your night." Tears started streaming down my face. I grabbed William and gave him a big hug. "Thank you so much for caring about me so much." I said. William's hug tightened my chest, but I didnt care. After a three minute hug, I looked at Annette and said with a sigh, "I guess I'll go with you."

Annette squealed. "Yay! I'll get you the dress your gonna wear, you can make your own jewlery! Oh my stars, ttomorrow night is going to be the best night ever!" I laughed at Annette's excitement. "Well, I have to go. Plants cant water themselves." And then she stared at me. "Okay, with you, they can." She giggled as she left the door. I sighed and sat on the chair next to the window. I cant believe I agreed to go to the castle belonging to casanova prince. I just wait until tomorrow night is over