Chapter 9 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers! >< Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Remember, you can always leave comments, advice, or compliments!!! Here's Chapter 9, ENJOY!!!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

A job! I got a job! This was the best night ever! I couldn't wait to tell Annette about everything. I ran to Royal Ball Room and searched for Annette. I found her still dancing with the red headed man, looking like she was having a great time. I walk up to them and said, "Sorry, could I borrow my friend for a while. She'll be right back, I promise." The red headed stranger nodded, and I took off holding Annette's hand. When we got outside, she was squealing like a pig. "Oh my gosh Lucy, I've had the greatest night of my life. That man's name is Montague and he likes to garden, just like me! He also doesn't care about beauty, just personality! Isn't he just a sweet heart!" 

"Oh yeah, a real Prince Charming. But I have something really important to tell you!" I told her.

"What?" She asked.

"I got a job!" I squealed. Annette screamed and jumped up and down. She gave a giant hug and squealed some more. "A job1 Where?!" She asked frantically.

"At the Royal Palace!" I exclaimed. Annette looked stunned. Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened. 'T-t-the Palace! Like this Royal Palace!" She screamed.

I nodded. "I'm Prince Nathaniel's new personal maid." I told her. Her jaw dropped even more, if that was even possible. "P-P-Prince Nathaniel! Your going to work for Prince Nathaniel of Acelin!"

"It's no big deal. He's just a guy with lots of money and power. But what I'm excited for is the pay!" I cheered.

"How much are you being payed?" Annette asked excitingly.

"One hundred gold coins and one hundred silver coins!" I cheered. Annette screamed. We both jumped up and down and screamed together. "I'm going home to tell William!" I told Annette.

"I'll come with you!" Annette cheered.

"Oh no, no, no, no! You have to go back to your lovey-dovey dance with Mantague." I said.

Annette blushed. "Are you sure?" 

"Of course! Have your Cinderella night!" I reassured her. After that, I ran as fast as I could back home. I rushed over to Leonardo's house and knocked rappidly. Leonardo's mother opened the door. "Hello, Lucy. I hope you had a wonderful time at the Ball." She greeted.

"Thank you! I have to take William home! Now! " I rushed. The mother nodded and called William. I grabbed William's hand and ran to our house three houses away. When we entered the house, I couldn't help my self but scream and jump. William gave me a worried look. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I gave him a gigantic hug and squealed some more. "William, tonight was the best night of my life, and it'll be your best night too."

"Why?" He asked.

"I found a job! I found a job!" I cheered. William smiled. "Where?" He asked.

"At the Royal Palace! I'm going to be Prince Nathaniel's personal maid, and I'll be paid 100 gold and siver coins! We have to pack our bags, because we're moving to the Royal Palace!" I cheered. William screamed with happiness as we jumped and danced with joy. "Does this mean no more yells from the land lord?" William asked.

"No more Mr. O'Riley! Woo hoo!" I cheered. "Now come on, lets go pack up. A carriage will pick us up at noon." William nodded and ran towawrds the bedroom. I smiled walked toward the window and looked up at the sky. The night sky was no clouded, only showing the moon. Suddenly, I see two stars, one green  and one blue. They both twinkled so brightly. With that, a question popped in my head : will I be able to adjust being a servant of Prince Nathaniel of Acelin?