Chapter 8 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

 HELLO READERS!!!! >< I HOPE YOU GUYS LOVED THE LAST CHAPTER!!!! HERE'S CHAPTER 8, ENJOY!

***************************************************************************************************************

Lucy. That was her name. The girl who was stubborn, hard headed, but me and her were similar. We both contained elemental powers. I use think I was the only one who was like this, but now that I've found Lucy, my head was filled with questions. How did we obtain these powers? Why out of billions of people around the world, why her and I? Are there more people like us? As I thought about all these questions running through my head, I forgot that Lucy was right by my side. She was looking, more like staring, at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

"Because I was just wondering why you're not with your fiancè." She said.

"Princess Fay decided to dance with some of the towns people to get to know them." I explained. Suddenly, Lucy starts to laugh. Not like a gentle laugh, more like a loud and obnoxious laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked annoyingly. 

"It's just, why are you addressing her as Princess Fay? She's going to be your wife, right. You should just call her Fay." She told me. I looked at her. She had no idea what it was like to become the future king of Acelin. You cant just address a princess by just their first name. "You wouldn't understand." I just told her.

"Another thing, why is your marriage arranged? Shouldn't you marry the one you love?" She added. I  froze and stared at her. She had a point about the whole arranged marriage thing. What was the point of this whole marriage? But I just shook the idea out of my head. She was just putting nonsense into my head. "Enough questions on me, how about you. Tell me everything about you." I said.

She smiled. "Okay, Princey! I have a ten year old brother named William who loves animals. I have a best friend named Annette who loves plants. She's actually hear dancing with a red headed stranger." She told me.

I looked at her. "That's it! Come on, you have to tell me more." Suddenly, I felt an uneasy vibe from her. I could see her smile disappearing. "When I was thirteen, my parents disappeared from the house when I went to buy food. William was still in his cribb, sleeping as if nothing happened. But my  home was trashed, money was gone, and food diappeared. Someone told us that they saw our parents bodies in a frozen lake. After that, nothing went our way. I've been jumping from job to job for five years so that William and I could survive. I actually just got fired two days ago from a flower shop. I have enough money for one more month, but after that, we'll get kicked to the streets." I stared at her. I see a tear falling down her cheek. I wish I could do something for her. Something that could keep her off the streets.  Suddenly, a brilliant idea came up to mind. I grabbed her shoulders and smiled. "What are you-?" She was saying.

"You could work in the Palace!" I blurted out! She stares at me. Her jaw dropped in shock. "I-i-in the Palace?! But what can I do at the Palace?!"

"Umm....You could be a maid!" I suggested.

"A maid! Just how low do you think I am?" She said. 

I groaned. "You could be....my personal maid!" 

"Personal maid?" She said.

"A maid that works for only a specific person unless told to by their master." I explained. She stared into my eyes. "How much would I be paid?" She asked.

"One hundred gold coins and one hundred silver coins." I said. She gasped. Suddenly, she fell on her knees. "Whoa, are you alright?" I asked. She gave me a giant hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Lucy thanked. "You have no idea how much good your doing!" She smiled, the biggest one I've seen all night. I smile back at her. "You and your brother will move to the Palace tomorrow night. Pack all your things and get ready for your new life." I said. She gave me another hug.

"Do you know what this needs?" She asked.

"What?" I aked. She stood up and faced the lake. She closed her eyes and clapped her hands together. The water and the wind colided in front of the moon, creating a dark rainbow. She turned around and smiled. "Rainbows at night show thanks. This is my way of thanking you." With that, she ran back to the Palace.