Chapter 16 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

Hello Readers!!! The strange part about this chapter is that a thunderstorm that happened near my house inspired my chapter....0.o But who cares!!!!! Here's Chapter 16, Enjoy!

***************************************************************************************************************

I though you were different. Those words kept ringing in my head. I dont know why, but I felt my chest ache. As Lucy and I would walk around the Palace following my schedule, but she never spoke a word. Whenever I would look at her, she would look the other way. Soon enough, the day was almost over. After we finished everything on my schedule, Lucy disappeared in the Royal Garden. I sat on a stone bench in the Royal Garden, thinking. Suddenly, William arrived and sat next to me. I tried to hide my hurt feelings and smile. "Hey, William. How's the Animal Garden?" I asked.

"It's really great! Although you have the worst staff ever. I mean, they tried to give a robin a dead mouse!" William exclaimed. I laughed. William must be the perfect little brother, not whinny, doesn't cry much, and isn't spoiled."By the way, did you apologized to Lucy yet?" William asked. 

I stopped laughing. "How do you know?" I asked.

"One of the many talents of mine. I can tell you were thinking." William explained. "And judging that red mark on your cheek, she slapped you too" Wow, this kid knew everything. I felt my cheek where Lucy slapped. It stilled stinged, both on my cheek and in my heart. Suddenly, William starts laughing hard. I looked at him confused. "Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"Because your so dense!" He said, continuing to laugh. I was still confused. He sighed. "It's obvious you're in love with Lucy!"

I blushed. "No I dont." I told him.

"That's what they all say, Princey. But I know you love her more than that Fay girl." He told me. I could feel my face heating up. I looked at William. "What am I gonna do?" I asked desprately.

"Duh! Confess to her!" William exclaimed.

"You know I can't. I'm engaged." I reminded him.

"So? Did that stop Romeo and Juliet? Don't let your family decide on who your meant to spend the life with. Besides, you guys have so much in common! I mean, you both can do magic. If that doesn't count, I dont know what does." He said. I looked at him astonished. He was right, wasn't he? I should   be able to choose who I love and who I should marry. But then something hit my mind. "But my parents wouldn't approve of Lucy. Or at least, my father wouldn't." I told him.

"Like I said, don't let your family decide on who your meant to be with." William repeated.

I sighed. "You are one wise kid." I complimented.

He smiled. "Thank you, Your Highness." He joked. Suddenly, the white clouds turned grey, and the sound of thunder filled the skys. "Looks like its gonna be a storm, huh." I said. But hen I looked at William, he looked scared, almost frightened. "William, are you scared of thunder?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I'm not," He said, "but Lucy is." He told me. I stared at him wide eyed.

"She should be able to run to the Palace, right?" I asked him.

He shook his head again. "Whenever there's a thunder storm, she freezes and screams." He told me. I stood up looked around. "Where's Lucy?" I asked him frantically. William shrugged. I ran all over the Royal Garden, looking for her, calling out, "Lucy! Lucy! Where are you Lucy!" Suddenly, I heard a shriek from the pond. I run as fast as I can, and I finallly find Lucy. I see her on the ground, trying to cover both her ears and eyes, screaming. I run up to her. "Are you okay?" I asked frantically.

"Too......loud! Too....bright!" She shrieks. Lightning strikes, and Lucy screams. I pick her up and tried to find the nearest building. Finally, I find an old barn not too far from the pond. I run over there, carrying Lucy, who is still screaming. Rain starts to pour down hard, making the grass slippery. When we finally reach the barn, I quickly place Lucy on a stack of hay and lock the barn doors.  Thunder roared and lightning screamed, making Lucy scream louder and louder. Her tears streamed down her face like a waterfall. Without thinking, I held Lucy tight, trying to block th sound of the thunder and lightning. After a long period of time, the sound of lightning and thunder ceased and the puring rain tuned into a drizzle. Lucy calmed down a little, but was still crying. I held her tight, praying that the storm was over for good. Suddenly, she looked up at me. Her sparkling blue eyes filled with tears. "I embarrassed you, I yelled at you, I even slapped you, yet you saved me. Why?" She asked. I could see her face was red, almost a if she was blushing. I wiped a tear from her eye. "Becasue I'm madly in love with you." I whispered in her ear. She looks at me with shock, her face turning into a darker shade of red. 

"Do you really? Your not just fooling with me, are you?" She asked.

I laughed softly abd shook my head. "It's the truth and nothing but the truth."

She smiled as tears slowly flowed down her face. But I didn't think it was tears of fear, or sadness. I thought it was tears of joy. "I love you too." She told me. I smiled and laughed a little. It was hard to believe that in the beginning, she thought I was a brat. Slowly, I leaned in towards her face. I closed my eyes, and I assumed she closed hers. Suddenly, our lips met, but it felt different from when Fay kissed me. I actually felt something from Lucy's kiss. After a momment of kissing, we looked at eachother. By the look of her eyes, it looked like she didn't want to stop. And to tell the truth,  I didn't want to stop, either. I never wanted to stop. And with that, we continued to kiss until the moon was shinning bright.