Chapter 14 : Nathaniel

************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers!!!! Here's Chapter 14, ENJOY! ><

************************************************************************************************************

As Lucy and I are walking through the halls of the, I take another glance at Lucy. My mother was right, Lucy's maid outfit really did make her look like a doll. My heart beats fast everytime I take a glance. What am I saying?! I'm engaged to Princess Fay! I shouldn't be talking like this. "Nathaniel!" Lucy shouted. I was startled by her shouting, placing my hand on my heart, trying to feel how fast my heart was beating. "Did you have to shout?" I asked.

"I called your name almost five times! Is there something going on in your head?" She asked. I shook my head. How can I tell her that everytime I see her in her uniform, it makes my heart beat?

"Prince Nathaniel!" I heard someone call. I turn around to see Princess Fay calling me. I smiled and walk to her. "Hello, Princess Fay." I greeted. I could hear Lucy softy laugh, and I gave her a "Stop it" stare. She understood the message, but still smiled. "Who is this?" Princess Fay asked.

"This is the personal maid I told you about, Miss Lucy Chanton." I introduced.  Lucy gave Princess Fay a little curtsey. Princess Fay suddenly laughed. Lucy looked up, then looked at me, probably wondering if she did something wrong. "Is something wrong, Princess Fay?" I asked.

"Someone at the ball talked about her." She said. Lucy looked at her, confused. "It's a real shame that you lost your parents. But I guess it was for the best. I heard that her father was a madman. And her mother was even madder. I heard she asked a man if she's seen a ghost dog! Isn't that hilarious!" Princess Fay started laughing obnoxiously. How could she say something so cruel! I turn to Lucy, and I see tears falling down her face. She runs off down the hall. The sound of her heels echo down the hall. I looked back at Princess Fay. "Why did you say that? Your talking about her parents!" I yelled.

Princess Fay gave me a strange look. "Why do you care? She's just one of them. A pauper. You have to realize where you belong." She said. She grabbed my hand and started rubbing it. Her soft hand started making my hand tingle. "I'll see you at dinner." She whispered. She walked away, leaving me shocked. Was this the real Princess Fay? A succubus? I saved the questions for later  and ran after Lucy. I didn't know where to look, but something inside of me was telling me to go to the Royal Garden. When I arrived, I see Lucy sitting on the grass by the pond, and I can hear her faint crying. I walk up to her and sat next her. She looks at me, then turns her attention back in the water. I sighed. "Dont let her get in your head." I told her.

"She was talking about my parents! My parents!  How could she say something like that!" Lucy screamed. I could tell she was angry, but I could see more sadness. Suddenly, the pond started to boil. Steam started to arise. I looked at Lucy, and she was clutching her hands in anger. Without thinking, I quickly grab her hands, trying to make her stop. She looked at me, and then she continued to cry. The pond returned to its normal, cold self. Suddenly, she pressed her head against my chest, continuing to cry. I was shocked, I didn't know what to do. So I just put my hand on her back and patted it, trying to make her feel better.  "Thank you." She whispered. I looked down on her, and smiled. And with that, the sun setted and the moon shined high.