Chapter 19 : Lucy

************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers! I'm so sorry for these late updates, but stuff has been goin on this past month. My house it under construction, which means I''m banned from the computer because my dad doesn't want to get saw dust on the computer (He values his computer). Plus, I've been reading so much, I have so much ideas for my next story! I dont know if I should do something involving a zombie apocolyps (Like Walking Dead) or something futruistic. Please comment which would be better!!! Anyhoo, here's Chapter 19, ENJOY!!!! ><

************************************************************************************************************

The vision appeared as I slept in the infermary. I saw an eclipse turning crimson, almost like blood. And then I saw Nathaniel fighting, blood seeping out of his head. Then I heard an evil laugh from not one but two people, a man and a woman. I could see the castle being engulfed in flames, hearing the screams of several people, including the Kings and Queens. And finally, I heard a whisper in my ear, a whisper so real it was as if the person was right next to me. "I'm still alive, ducky." The voice whispered. I woke up in shock, my heart beating fast and beads of sweat rolled down my face.  I could still hear the word, "Ducky" ringing in my head. My mother use to call me ducky before I went to bed. Does that mean my mother is alive, or is it just a strange coincedence. I look out the window to see the sun high, meaning it was four hours since I fell asleep.  My head still ached, but I tried to ignore it and got out of bed. Suddenly, I see a bright light sphere in front of me. I gasp and backed away from the light sphere. It slowly floated towards me, and suddenly. I felt a warm feeling all around me. But I ignored it and quickly walked around it and headed out the door. I looked around and saw William holding a snake around his snake. "Hey, William!" I called out. He turns and notices me. Tears start flowing down his face as he runs towards me. He gives me a giant hug and starts to cry. "I thought I lost you. I thought I was alone!" He cried. I felt a tear streaming down my face and hugged him tightly. "I'd never leave you alone." I told him. I lifted his head and wiped the tears out of his face. "Come on, your a man now William. Show me your tough face." I said. He made an angry face with a smile and flexed his skinny arms. 

"Good boy. Now go continue with your snake." I told him. He nodded and ran off. I walked through the garden, hoping to find Nathaniel. But instead, I see another light sphere. "You're not gonna leave me alone are you?" I asked in frustration. But the sphere just came closer.

"Lucy!" I heard suddenly. I turned around to see Nathaniel running up the hill. I smiled, but then I see Fay walking up the hill also. I wonder what other insults she has in for me. Nathaniel finally reached me, gasping for air. "Geeze, Nathaniel. It looks like you ran here from miles away. " I laughed.

"Is that the way you speak to your master?" Fay asked angrily.

She gave me an ice cold stare, and I groaned.  "Sorry, Your Highness. Are you alright?" I asked politley, trying to hold in my anger. Suddenly, the light sphere appeared in front of my face. "Would you go away, please!" I yelled.

"Who in the heavens are you talking to?" Fay asked angrily.

"This thing right here!" I told her, pointing at the sphere.

"What are you talking about? There's nothing there!" She told me. I looked at her confused, and then I looked at the sphere. Could she not see the sphere?

"Lucy, what are you talking about?" Nathaniel asked as soon as he had enough air in his lungs. Could he not see it either? I feel to my knees weakining and I kneeled to the ground. "Lucy, are you alright?" Nathaniel asked. He put his hand on my forehead and the other on his forehead. "Its not a fever. Maybe your just hallucinating."

Oh God, have I gone mad, bonkers? I tried to ignore the thought. "Um, why dont you two love birds go on and have a little time to yourselves." I told them. I could feel a giant stab in the heart, and I could tell he looked hurt too, but I just needed time to myself for a while. 

"What a brillian idea!" Fay exclaimed. "Come, Nathaniel. Lets walk around the palace." She grabbed Nathaniel's arm and dragged it down the hill. He looked at me with his hurt face, but I just looked away. Seeing his face like that just burned my heart. Suddenly, the light sphere came back and nestled on my lap. "You're so attached to me, but I dont even know what you are." I said to myself.

"So you can see it too, huh." Someone said behind me. I turned around to see Adabel. She changed out of her black robe and was changed into a pink gown with pears encrusted.

"Wait, you can see them?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Of course I can. You need to have extremely strong spiritual magic to see them."

I see the light sphere spinning, its light trail dragging along. "What.....is it?" I asked.

"A dead spirit. And seeing that its gold, the spirit of a child." Adabel explained. I looked at her with shock, and then at the sphere. The sphere tried to come closer, but I backed away immediatley. "Its alright." Adabel assured me. "Just touch it, and you will know." The sphere floated slowly towards me, and I slowly reached my hand out. Suddenly, my hand is sucked into the sphere, and suddenly, I start to see something. I see a little girl, a girl with red pigtails and a ragged dress. She's skipping on the muddy road, singing a nursery rhyme that mothers would sing when we did something naughty. Suddenly, a carriage and racing down the road as well. The little girl turns around, but before she could move out of the way, it was too late. So much information was entering my head it hurted so much. "Martha Lewbart. She has a mother, Nancy Lewbart, and the father is unknown. She has an older brother, Isaac Lewbart. She had a favorite stuffed bunny she called Karin. At the age of six, she died in a carriage accident during a heist." I suddenly said. The information that I knew scared me. How in the world was I able to know this stuff? I looked at Adabel with worried eyes, but she just smiled gracefully. Suddenly, the light sphere started to disappear. Just as it vanished, I heard a soft whisper in the wind. "Thank you." A voice said. I felt a strange feeling of warmth and relief in my heart, and couldnt help myself but smile. "Did that feel great?"Adabel asked.

"Strangley, yes. I felt relieved, as if I've done my duty."

"Its because you have." Adabel explained. "One of the duties of a priestess is to set spirits free and exorcise demons." She grabbed my hands and layed them face up on her lap. "Your fingers are filled with spiritual magic, ready to pop out, which is not good for the human body."

I looked at my hands, worrying that something might happen to me. "What should I do?" I asked.

"You have to chanel your magic through something other than your fingers. Most priestesses used weapons, which means we might have to steal a weapon from the weapon room." Adabel explained. Even though I knew I had some powers, I didnt think they'd be part of something bigger. It was something still too big to comprehend.

"I know this might be too much to handle." Adabel said. "But remember, your not  fighting alone. Nathaniel will be by my side." Thinking about Nathaniel made my heart skip a beat. Suddenly, Adabel laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"The way you two fall in love, it just makes me laugh so much!" She giggled, trying to control her laugh. I blushed a little more and gave her a gentle shove. "Get up now," Adabel said, "and lets go get Nathaniel away from the vicious woman." I laughed, feeling overjoyed that she felt the same about Fay.