Chapter 26 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers! I finally got rid of my writers block!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Anyhoo, Here's Chapter 26, Enjoy!!!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

I had a horrible nightmare the night before we left to town. I saw Lucy in the arms of Dameon, laughing, smiling. I tried of scream out her name, but no words were able to come out. Suddenly, I see Dameon lean in on her face, and Lucy closed her eyes. I scream her name, trying to stop her. All of a sudden, I hear someone call my name. "Nathaniel. Hey, wake up." I woke up, gasping for air and sweating like a pig. I look to see Alice in fairy form in fron of my eyes, looking very annoyed. "Geez! I've been calling your name for fifteen minutes!" She said, acting very annoyed.

"Sorry. I just had a nightmare." I apologized. The nightmare was still floating in my head, freezing at the point where Dameon and Lucy almost kissed. The thought of it made my heart ache. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I have something to ask you." Alice told me.

"And that is?" I asked. Alice flew over to my right shoulder and sighed. "Are you really gonna marry that Fay girl?" She asked. I looked at her in shock. Now that was something I should be thinking about.  How am I gonna break the engagement between Fay and I? "I don't want to." I answered.

"Then go to your parents and tell them that you don't want to marry her!" She yelled.

"But if I break the engagement, it breaks the alliance between Dubois and Acelin." I told her.

"Does that mean you have to give up true love!" She kept yelling. I stared at her with shock. I didn't know what to say now. I hear Alice sigh. "I'm Lucy's servant, spiritually and physicaly. I can feel her pain. Her emotions are mixed up, and I don't want her to get hurt." I was stuck. I really don't know what to do.  Do I follow my duty or my heart? I think of my life before I met Lucy. All I really did was obey my parents, did my duty, never having an adventure and still holding the secret about my powers. But after  I met her, my whole world changed. I felt more...free. She showed me things about happiness, love, pain, and fear, things I've never experianced with others. I want to experience more of that with her, for all eternity. "Your right, Alice."  I told her. "If I want to be with Lucy, I have to disobey my parents." Alice smiled and hugged my nose. "I knew you weren't an idiot!" She squealed. She closed her eyes and started chanting a spell. Suddenly, something appears on the palm of my hand. I released my hand to see a ring with dots of diamonds all around it. "My True Love" was inscripted on the ring. "Propose to her." Alice said. I looked at her. schocked. But I knew myself to well to object. I went into a deep slumber, holding the ring tightly.

In the afternoon, I got dressed and waited patiently for Lucy. We decided to leave an hour early so that Lucy could meet up with Annette. "Sorry!" I hear someone yelling from afar. I turn to see Lucy running to me, waving her hand. "Fay started to accuse me of weird stuff, but luckily William was able to distract her." 

I smiled. "It's alright. Now lets go." And with that, we stepped into the carriage and headed off. The ring that Alice made was in my pocket, making me a little nervous. I see Alice in kitten form on Lucy's lap, taking a cat nap. Lucy was stroking her fur as she looked out the window, staring into deep space. I notice a bow and arrows in Lucy's leather bag, which probably meant she got her item while I was resting. Lucy noticed me staring at her. "Is there something wrong?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Enjoying the view?" I asked.

Lucy nodded. "It feels like it was yesterday when I rejected you at the ball."