Chapter 10 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

Hello Readers! In case you haven't noticed, I finally got my cover installed! My stupid computer started whacking up, so I couldn't upload anything!!! >:( But luckily, I was able to conqure the computer and get everything back on track! Hooray!!! I like my new cover!!!! >< (I'm getting side    tracked :p) Here's Chapter 10, ENJOY! >< <I:)

***************************************************************************************************************

 I'm walking through the courtyard when I see Fay sitting on the grass, reading a book. I walk up to her and tap her shoulder. She looks up and smiles. "Hello, Prince Nathaniel. Lovely day, isn't." She greeted. I smile back. "Hello, Princess Fay. And yes, it is a lovely day." I sit next to her and I look at Fay. She's wearing so much expensive things, I wondered how she was able to sit on the grass and still be comfortable : wearing ten inch looking heels, a ginormous green dress with emeralds incrusted in them, and earings the size of my hand. "So did you enjoy the ball?" I asked.

"It was fantastic. The people are so much lively, like I said last night. There was this one old man who was so much fun to talk to, telling me these wonderful stories." She laughed. Her laugh was so soft, so gentle, which was probably one of the reasons why she was called "Fairy of Dubois". Suddenly, Phillip came up to us. "Your Highness, when would you like the carriage to head to town?" He asked. At first, I didn't know what he was talking about, but then it hit me. Lucy Chanton, a girl who has a smilar ability as me, would be coming to the Royal Palace to work as my personal maid. "Um, at noon. I would also like to come to town to pick her up." I told him. He bowed and left Fay and I alone. Fay coughed. "Um, who are you picking up?" She asked. I looked at her, and I swear I saw a hint of jealousy coming from that question. She looked at me with a sort of pouty face. "I'm picking up a friend of mine who's going to start working at the Palace." I explained. Her face loosened, and her pouty face turned into a smile. "Oh, okay. That's good. What is she working as?" She asked.

"My personal maid." I told her. Her face tightened up again. Just to calm her down, I put my arm around her. Her tan skin showed some redness. "Dont worry. I'm marrying you, not her." I reassured her. She smiled and gently kissed my lips. I was surprised, but I didn't want to show it. "I will be taking my leave now, Princess Fay." I said.

She nodded and smiled. "I'll see you soon."

Phillip returned to the courtyard and said, "The carriage is ready, Your Highness." I nodded and we both headed toward the carriage. After a half an hour ride, we finally reached the town. I looked out the window to see so many people wearing old rags as dresses and clothing, staring at the carriage with awe. Is this really where Lucy lives? Suddenly, we take a sudden stop. "We're here, Your Highness." The driver informed us. I stepped out of the carriage. I see a small little cottage with holes on the roof, as if it was about to fall apart. The door opens and I see a little boy with blonde hair. He wore brown trousers with different colored patches on them and a white shirt. When he sees me, he looks a little scared. "Lucy!" He calls.

Suddenly, Lucy comes rushing out. "What is it Will-?" She asks, but then she spots me. She wore something I've never seen a woman ever wear. Instead of any kind of dress, she wore a brown leather skirt, leather brown boots, and white puffy shirt. I couldn't help myself  but stare. "Umm, helloo," Lucy suddenly says, "are you gonna keep staring, or are we going to leave soon?"

My head snaps back into reality. "Oh, yes, of course." Suddenly, a woman starts running towards the carriage. She starts screaming, "Wait! Hold on one second!" She runs up to Lucy, panting as if she just ran a thousand miles. "You are'nt gonna leave with saying goodbye to your best friend, are you?"  I remembered Lucy talking about a best friend at the Royal Garden. I think her name was Annette. Lucy giver her a giant hug. "Oh, I'm gonna miss you, Annette." Suddenly, I see a tear coming from Lucy's eye. "I've never been separated from you before." Lucy whimpers. I could tell how much Lucy loved her as a friend. She must've been a great friend for her to shed a tear. Annette started to cry a little too. "It's okay, Lucy. I'll write you letters all the time!" Annette cries. Annette gives a hug to the little boy. "Dont steal any food from the kitchen, got it." Annette said. "Your sister is going to be very busy from now on." The little boy nodded. 

"Have fun with your little date with Montague." Lucy joked around.

"I'll write a letter to you on how it went." Annette said. With that, they said their final goodbyes and Annette leaves. I clear my voice. "Are you ready to leave?" I asked. She turned around and looked at her cottage. She touches the door, as if telling it farewell. She takes a deep breathe and turns around. "Ready as I'll ever be."