Chapter 22 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers!!!!! This chapter will be very interesting, something that'll make you be like, "What just happened?" I got this from a real incedent that happened in the early 1800's, and I thought it was vey interesting!!!!! Anyhoo, here's Chapter 22, Enjoy!!!!!!!! ><

**************************************************************************************************************

After Lucy's meltdown, Adabel thought that it would be easier if she took a little break. She sat on the wooden bench, looking out the window in deep thought. As for me, it was my turn for my training.  I was a little nervous, looking at what Lucy went through, I wondered what I would have to do. "Today, you will be learning symbols." Achyls told me.

"Symbols? Why would I use symbols?" I asked.

"Symbols are kind of like your main power source. Without them, you are powerless. Like with Lucy, if there are no spirits around her, she is powerless." Abrecan explained. Achyls brought me a little black leather book with a lock on it. "This is your spell book. For now, you will need it, but soon enough, you will be able to use them with just your mind." Achyls told me.

"But how would I use them, like in battle?" I asked, still a little confused.

"Once you make your wand, you will be able to just draw them in mid air." Achyls explained.

"Wait, I have to make my own wand? Aren't you guys gonna just hand me one?" I asked.

"We're your masters, not your servant. A wand will only serve its creator, not the possesser." Abrecan said.  "You can make it out of anything you want it to be, and once its finished, its under your command." I nodded, but all this was just too much to handle. Now I know how Lucy felt, all this preasure, its like being able to control half of the elements was nothing. I looked at the spell book and its lock. "How do I unlock this book?" I asked them.

"It will unlock if your heart is full of good deed and possesses no dark aura. So just say "unlock" and you'll be good." Achyls explained. Suddenly, we heard a scream from the courtyard. Everyone stood up and ran outside to see what was happening. Thats when we see her. One of the maids, Anna I think, was lying on the ground in a puddle of blood. Her dark brown skin was cut all over her body, her curly black hair was no longer on her head, but in her hands, and her uniform was drenched in her own blood. Lucy looked like she was gonna faint, her pale skin even more pale. I pushed her head and into my chest, trying to shield her eyes from this gruesome image. "Don't look." I told her.  Soon, everyone came, including my parents, Fay and her parents, Phillip, little William, and the other maids. "Lucy." He whispered. Lucy departed from me and shielded William's eyes. "It's alright. Everything is going to be alright." She resurred him.

"What on earth happened here!" My father bellowed. No one spoke. My father looked at everyone, but then looked straight at Lucy. "You there. What in God's name happened?!"

"Um, well you see Your Highness, Prince Nathaniel, the three sisters, and I were in the training room when we heard a scream from the courtyard. When we finally got here, Anna was already like this." Lucy explained. "She was only thirteen. She was an orphan, like William and I. She wasn't even from Acelin, but from the southern country of Bigalou." Everyone was silent. Apparently, Lucy was well aquainted with Anna. Suddenly, Fay stood up, her hazel eyes filled with terror. "Throw her out! Throw the body out somewhere, I dont care! Just throw out her bloody body!" She shrieked.

"Are you mad?! She shouldn't be tossed out like a bunch of leftovers! She should have a proper burial so that her spirit can be in peace." Lucy said.

"Why, she was just a pheasant, a maid." Fay said.

"Just because she was a servant doesn't mean she shouldn't be buried!" Lucy yelled. She turned to my father and dropped down to her knees. "Please, Your Highness. Can you please let us bury her properly." Lucy begged. My father's face was showed no emotion. After a long pause, my father sighed. "Fine. But make it quick. The smell is starting to spread." Lucy smiled and thanked my father. After that, my parents and Fay's parents left the courtyard. "Come on, Nathaniel. You don't have to stay for this excuse of a funeral." Fay scoffed.

"I think I'll stay." I told her. I caught Lucy's eye, and she smiled. "Fine, whatever." Fay said as she left the courtyard. The sisters went and brought us a coffin from the Palace. We all placed Anna inside the coffin and stood there in silence. The beautiful sun was now setting, leavng the sky a bright orange. We dug up a hole in the ground, and we lowered the coffin into the ground. As some of the butlers burried the coffin in dirt, the other maids started to cry and whimper. Suddenly, Lucy began to sing a song, a sad song.

" Little Angel, find your wings

and fly away into a mystical place.

A place where you can be free from sadness

and other evil things.

So I say to you, Little Angel,

enjoy your happiness and be free."

After the funeral, everyone went back to their usual doings, leaving just me, Lucy, William, Phillip, and the sisters. William still looked pale from the body, and Lucy kneeled down next to him. "It's over, William." She told him.

"But not the last." He replied. Everything wnt silent again. I couldn't stand it any longer. "Phillip, do you mind taking William for a walk."

"Not at all, Your Highness." Phillip replied. He grabbed William by the shoulder and together they walked away. "Okay, what in bloody hell did this?" I asked.

"A demon."  Adabel told us. "But by the looks of the body damage, it wasn't a wild demon."

"So your saying it has a master?" Lucy asked.

Achyls nodded. "I think it was sent by the dark villain. As a sign, or warning."

"Which probably means we dont have that much time left." Abrecan stated.

"So what do we do now?" I asked them.

Adabel sighed. "For now, we need some rest. But I'll wake the both of you up early so that we can train a little more." And with that, the three sisters left the courtyard, leaving only Lucy and I. I looked at Lucy with concern, seeing how very pale she is. "Are you alright?" I asked her.

She was silent for a second, and then she replied. "I don't know. I really dont know." I walked up to her and hugged her.  "It's going to be alright." I assured her.

"But for how long, Nathaniel?" She asked me.

"I dont know. I just dont know." I told her. And then there was silence. Lucy soon looked at me, her icy  blue eyes staring into my sould. I couln't resist myself. I leaned in and kissed her. I though that she would pull away, since we were out in the open, but instead, she kissed me back. Soon enough, we were kissing under the twilight sky, withough a single care in the world.