Chapter 18 : Nathaniel

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers!! I got my inspiration!! Well, I dont know if you'd call inspiration, or just madness.  I got my inspiration for this chapter when my friend's sister fell off the roof and broke her arm. As you can see in this chapter, it has nothing to do with this. But still, YAY!! Anyways, Here's Chapter 18, ENJOY!!!!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

What was wrong with Lucy? She was in pain, so much pain, and her powers were spiraling out of control. She had just passed out, but I could still sense some power spilling out of her. I picked her up, and I could hear her voice in whisper. "Nathaniel....help.." She said in a painful whisper. I nodded and ran to the Hospital Room. "Nathaniel! Where are you going! Let the maids handle it!" Fay called out. I ignored her words and kept on running. When I finally reached the Hospital Room, the only people there were our three new guests. The red head stepped forward and said, "Give her to us. We will help her." I hesitated, since I didn't know them at all. But seeing Lucy scream in pain, I had no choice. I handed Lucy to the red head, Abrecan I think, and they set Lucy on the bed. Suddenly, all three girls held hands around Lucy and began to chant. "Summer, winter, sun, moon. Light and darkness, day and night. Heal this woman from her pain and cure her soul away."  Suddenly, a bright gold light appeared, blinding me for a brief moment. After the light dimed, I looked at Lucy. She stopped screaming, breathed calmly, and was sound asleep. I sighed in relief. Suddenly, I realized that the three girls just did magic. "You guys have powers, too?" I asked.

The blonde one, Adabel, nodded. "We are the Sisters of Fate. We come from the dark Forsest of Akuji, where we seal all things darkness."

"I've heard stories of the Sisters of Fate. The ones who balance out life and death. But shouldn't you guys be really old, then."

"Offensive!" Achyls growled.

"Anyways," Adabel continued, "we have each mastered a certain kind of magic. Adabel mastered the magic of Life, Achyls mastered the magic of Death, and I mastered the magic of Love."

I nodded, kind of understanding. "But why are you telling me all this. And more importantly, why are you even here? If my father found out you guys are capable of magic, you'll be sentenced to jail for life." 

"Because our duty is to train you two." Abrecan said.

I gave her a strange look. "Train us for what?"

"Eighteen years ago, Adabel had a visin. A vision of a dark figure trying to change fate. Usually, we would be able to take care of it in a second, but this figure has no soul. But Adabel said that love would be able to defeat this villain, but a special kind of love. The forbidden love." Abrecan explained.

I was shocked. I looked over at Lucy, who was still unconscious. "So you guys decided for us to fall in love?" I asked, to shocked to even believe.

"And now you guys must defeat this dark figure!" Adabel exclaimed.

"But how!" I yelled. "How are we gonna defeat this figure! All we can do is control half of the elements!"

Abrecan shook her head. "The power you have now is only a fraction of what you can actually do."

"And today, Lucy's powers began to develope." Adabel said.

I looked at them with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You see, you guys are special kind of humans that were once all over the world. But then, a horrible king had them burned, feared that they would once overthrown him." Adabel explained. I was shocked and confused at the same time, wondering how could this be happening to me. Adabel continued. "Lucy is a priestess, or at least, an offspring of a priestess."

I gave her a crazy look. "A what?"

"A priestess.  A woman who posesses healing and spiritual power. And the last of them it seems like." Achyls explained.

"So what if Lucy is a priestess. What does that have to do with her sickness, or the dark figure your talking about, or me?" I asked.

"When my sisters and I entered the room, our spiritual powers must've been too much she could handle, since she's been through little spiritual situations." Achyls explained.

"And what about me? What does this has to do with me?" I asked.

"You're a sorcerer. I dont know how, but it must've skipped generations of your family, since neither your mother nor father have any powers." Abrecan said.

"What's a sorcerer?" I asked, not knowing the word.

"God, didn't they teach you anything here!" Achyls complained. "A sorcerer is a magical man who uses the elements they possess and use them in any situation necessary. They are also very knowledgable in potion making. It's hard to believe, seeing how you dont know what the word even means."

Suddenly, I heard Lucy groan, and I rushed by her side. "Lucy! Are you alright?" I asked franticaly.

Her eyes slowly opened, groaning in pain. "Na...thaniel?" Lucy said weakly.

"Thank God!." I exclaimed in relief. squeezing her hand tightly. Suddenly, I see tears flowing down her face, her face looking grim. "What's wrong?" I asked.

But all she did was look at the three sisters. "Is.....is it all true?" She asked, her lips quivering. I wondered what she was talking about, but apparently the sisters did. "I'm afraid so." Adabel said sadly.

"What's true? Why isn't anybody telling me anything?" I asked, feeling very confused and lost right now.

"Lucy had her first vision. And we saw it as well." Abrecan explained. I looked at Lucy, but she still looked grim, but also frightened. I sat on her hospital bed and rested her head on my shoulder. She soon clutched my hand tightly and dug her face into my shirt, crying waterfalls of tears. "What was the vision, Lucy?" I asked.

"Leave her be." Achyls said. "She needs her rest. I think now is best for us to return to the dining hall." We all agreed and made our way back to the room. But before I left, I rushed to Lucy's side and kissed her on the forehead. "Everything will be alright." I whispered in her ear. She still looked grim, but nodded. She layed down on the bed and returned to her sleep. I slowly left the room, trying not to wake her up in any way.