Chapter 13 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

Hello Readers!!!! I'm starting to run low on ideas, so leave me a comment on what should happen in the next chapter!!!!! Heres Chapter 13m ENJOY!!!!!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

As we walk down the hall to the Designer Hall, I hum a song my mother used to sing to me. It was the last song she sang to me before she died. It was a very sad song about a bird who couldn't find its way back home. I get so lost in the song, I startled when Nathaniel tapped my shoulder. "Are you okay?  You seemed lost in thought." He asked.

I nodded my head. "I'm okay. I was just thinking." When we finally arrive at the Designer Room, the first thing I see is a woman with giant glasses, wearing a rainbow dress and has frizzy blonde hair. "Hello, hello! What can I do for you, Your Highness?" She asked. Her voice was a little crackled, whcih meant she was probably in her mid fifty.

"Hello, Estella. My new personal maid needs a uniform. Can you help her design one?" Nathaniel asked. Estella looked at me. She spinned around me, looking at my front and back. "Hmm. I can tell by her sense of style that she likes to be....different. Come here, child." She grabbed my hand and brought me to a dressing room and brought her sketch pad. "Okay, now tell me, what kind of maid outfit are you looking for?" She asked. I thought about it for a momment. What kind of clothes did the other maids have. I saw a few maids outside who wore a long black dress with long sleeves. They wore black leather boots, which would be bad since it's always sunny in Acelin. "I want something short, but not too short." I told her. I could already see her sketching as fast as the wind, as if she wasn't even drawing at all. 'Anything else?" She asked. 

"I want something that has....color. I also want some kind of accesery that wont get in the way of my work. I want some lace in it to, just to feel a little pretty. And finally, I want to wear three inch heels, not too big yet not too small." I told her. She was sketching as fast as she could. After less than a minute, she exclaimed, "I've got it! It's the perfect uniform! Probably the best I've ever made!" I tried to take a peek, but she hit my hand with her pencil. "No, no, no! Not until it's finished!" She scolded. "Until then, wear this blindfold." She told me. She put a dark blindfold over my eyes. Suddenly, I could feel someone touching my body, ripping of the clothes I was wearing. "Hey, what the-!" 

"Hush, child. Let the master do its work." Estella said. Soon, I could hear snipping from my head, and then I realized they were cutting my hair. After forcing me to change into my new mysterious clothing, Estella removed my blindfold. She looked at me closely and cheered. "I am the goddess of design!" Now let's show the Prince!" I nodded and followed her to a stage. 

"Is a stage really necessary?" I asked.

"Well of course." Estella reasurred me. The red curtains covered me, and Estella walked through them. 

"Your Highness, I am here to present your new maid." Estella announced. And with that, the curtains started to rise. When Nathaniel saw my uniform, I could see a little shock. Estella brought a full sized mirror for me to see. I looked at my reflection and gasped. Instead of seeing a poor looking girl with rags for clothes, I saw myself wearing a sky blue dress that only dropped to above my knees. Sparkling white frills surrounded the chest, waist, and shoulders. My brown leather boots were now blue heels, three inches, just the way I like them. And my hair that used to be as long as my back was now shoulder length and curly. And for a finishing touch, Estella put a wreath on my head that had little white flowes around it. For a minute, I didn't know who my reflection was. "Do I look silly?" I asked.

Nathaniel shook his head. "You look....beautiful." He gasped. I could feel my face turn red. Why am I blushing? After a momment of silence, Nathaniel cleared his voice and said, "Umm...I think now is a great time to take you to the Queen." I nodded and stepped off the stage. We left Estella and headed to the Royal Library, where Nathaniel says thats where the Queen spends most of her time. When we reach the Royal Library, I stare with awe. So many books, so many stories, in just one room. I smiled a little and walked in first into the Royal Library. I couldn't help my self but giggle and spin around. Nathaniel cleared his voice, and I ceased myself. "Mother. Mother, where are you?" Nathaniel called. 

"In the balcony." I heard a voice called. Nathaniel started walking, and I followed. After walking a large case of stairs, we reach the balcony. I see the Queen, reading a book , smiling as if she was really enjoying it. Nathaniel knocked on the door. The Queen looked up and smiled at him, but when she looked at me, all she did was stare. "Hello. son. Do you need anything?" She asked.

"I'd like you to meet Lucy Chanton, my new personal maid." Nathaniel introduced. I smiled and did a little curtsey.

The Queen smiled. "Hello, dear. You look as cute as a doll." She complimented. 

I blushed. "Thank you." I thanked. Nathaniel looked at me for a momment. I realized he was trying to know if now was a good time to tell her. I nodded softly. "Umm, Mother, there is something we have to tell you." Nathaniel said. The Queen stood up more straight. "What is it?" She asked.

"Um, Nathaniel. Is it okay if I tell her?" I asked him. He looked at me, then nodded. "Your Highness, I possess the same ability as Nathaniel." I confessed. The Queen looked at me with a shocked expression. Then she looked at Nathaniel. "Is it true?" She asked Nathaniel. He nodded. I was afraid that she would have one of those serious faces. But instead, she squealed with excitement. She got up and gave me a giant hug. "This is so exciting! I though Nathaniel was the only one, but now there's you! Can I see it?  Can I see your ability?" She asked. I nodded and looked around. I saw at what must've been the Queen's cup of wine. I closed my eyes and whispered a spell. I opened my eyes and raised my hand. The wine floated up away from the glass, the Queen looked in amazement. I wiggled my fingers and the wine turned into wine bubbles. The Queen clapped and laughed. She inhaled one of of the bubbles and smiled. "This is amazing, Lucy. I humbly welcome you to the Palace of Hirose." She said joyfully. She gave me a hug and said, "I hope we can be great friends." I smiled and nodded. Soon, Nathaniel and I left the Queen alone on the balcony, and I smiled with joy and relief.