Chapter 2 : Nathaniel

**************************************************************************************************************

Here's Chapter two!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

**************************************************************************************************************

"Nice shot, Your Highness." Phillip, my private butler said while I was practicing my archery. The sun was high and its rays were hitting my face, giving more and more energy as I shot my arrows . After each shot, it would hit the center of the target, bringing me more and more pleasure. "Thank you, Phillip. Please tell me the rest of my schudule for the afternoon." I commanded.

"As you wish." Phillip said with a bow. Although Phillip was old, he was one of my greatest guides and friends. He would always wear his brown trousers, a red sweatervest, and a different color toupè each day. He grabbed a scroll that contained my schudule for the day. He cleared his voice and spoke. "After this, Your Highness, you have a meeting with the Queen at the Royal Library in five minutes, then you have your history studdies right after." Phillip explained. He rolled up the scroll and put it in his satchel. I nodded. "Thank you, Phillip."

"It is a pleasure." Phillip said. I shot one last arrow and headed straight for the Royal Library. On my way, I saw a few maids cleaning the hallway leading toward the Dining Hall. I could hear them gossiping and giggling, which brough great annoyance in myself. When I reached the white and gold doors of the Royal Library, I stopped myself and cleared my head of all thoughts. The Queen, my mother, didnt like it when we were talking about one thing and my head was in another world. After clearing my head, I opened the doors. The Royal Library was one of the biggest rooms in the Palace of Hirose. It was filled with ancient books of magic, history, and other stuff that not even the librarian knew about. The shelves were as tall as the heavens, and miles and miles long.

After searching for almost twenty minutes, I finally found my mother on the balcony, sitting on one of the chairs, reading a small book. I knocked on the window to get her attention. She looked up and caught my eye and smiled. That smile was the key to the whole kingdom's happiness. Her smile brought peace and happiness to the whole entire kingdom, not to mention her beauty as well. Her long brown hair, pale skin, and hazel eyes showed her beauty and power over the kingdom. But compared to me, she didnt even look like my mother. I had jet black hair, dark brown eyes, and tan skin that would make the women in the kingdom faint. "Hello, son." My mother said.

"Hello, mother. Phillip said you wanted to speak with me." I said.

"Ah, yes. Come and sit down with me." She offered. I sat down beside her on the soft green chair looked at her, waiting for whatever she was going to tell me. "As you know, your fiancè, Princess Fay of Dubois, is finally coming here to settle down tomorrow before your wedding in three months." My mother explained. "So for her arrival, I was thinking of throwing her a welcome ball. How do you feel about that."

I sat silent for a second. "Who's invited to the ball? Kings and queens from other countries?" I asked.

"Oh heavens, no! I've decided to invite the whole kingdom so that they can see their future King and Queen of Acelin." She said. Then she held my hand and said, " I cant wait to retire as the queen and just travel for the fun of it! I mean, just imagine all those other countries that have'nt been explored yet! Isnt it just exciting to just imagine the thought of it!" I smiled and laughed. My mother wasn't like those other uptight queens who only want things to perfect. She was those type of queens who not only cared her people, but other people around the world, which what I loved about her. "Oh, I almost forgot! How has your "gift" been doing lately." She said suddenly. I stood up straight and looked down at my hands. My "gift" was being able to control fire and earth. I've had this special ability since I was born. Some in the palace say its a gift, others a curse. I closed my eyes and whispered a spell, and suddenly a little flame appeared in my hand. When I inhale, the flame gets smaller, but when I exhale, it becomes larger. My mother looked at me and patted my back and said, "It's good to be different." I nodded and stood up, leaving the Royal Library with my mother alone.