Chapter 29 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers! I might be able to write at least one or two chapters, but after that I probably won't be able to type for a week or two :'( I'll type as fast as I can so that I can update more chapters!!! Anyhoo, here's Chapter 29, ENJOY!!!!!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

After everything that happened today, I decided to rest a little. I layed down on the hard, cold cobble stone ground and stared at my ring finger. A sterling silver ring with dots of diamonds around it layed on my finger. Just looking at it made me giddy. I was engaged! What girl wouldn't be giddy! I giggled and wiggled around, obviously too excited.  I stood up and looked out my window. The sun was setting, and the battle was tomorrow. I frowned at the sky, wishing for it to just freeze. I remebered the vision I had a while back when I fainted. A crimson, my beloved in battle, and a silhouette of a man and a woman. I also remebered a woman whispereing, "I'm alive, ducky." That thought was still on my mind. Is my mother really alive? And if she was, what does it have to do with the up coming battle. Suddenly, I heard foot steps from down the hall. Just in case, I grabbed my bow and drew my arrow. "Who's there?" I asked, projecting my brave voice. The foot steps got closer and closer, and finally, it was Fay. I lowered my arrow, confused. Fay gave me and expressionless face. "Let me in." She told the guards. The obeyed and let her in my cell. I slowly backed up, being very cautious. Fay got closer, I backed up even more until my back hit the wall. She got so close that our faces were only two inches apart."Are you happy?" She asked.

"Huh?" I asked, not knowing what she was talking about.

"Don't act stupid!" She spatted. "Are you happy?" 

I was silent for a moment, so i just nodded.  Suddenly, she started to chuckle. The the chuckle grew to a laugh, a malicious laugh. Suddenly, she slapped me so hard, I swear she left a red mark on my right cheek. "Ow! Why'd you do that?" I asked her, wincing at the pain from my cheek.

"Do you really want to know! You ruined my life!" She yelled. She started to pull my hair, and I shrieked with pain. "Guards! Stop her!" I told them, but they just stood their, doing their job. Soon, she started to kick me as well. My legs started to ache and bruise. With no choice, I yelled a spell to stop her. "Striga!" Suddenly, she stopped. She froze in place, only her mouth able to move. "What did you do!" She screamed.

"Vade!" I chanted, and her body began to move again. "Are you an idiot!" I yelled.

"Who are you calling an idiot! I'm a princess!" She yelled back.

"I'm about to fight to the death! And look what you did to me! A bruised leg, scratches on my face! Do you really want to die!" I screamed. She stood their silently, staring into my angry eyes. She looked down and her eyes went wide. At first, I didn't know what she was looking at, but then I matched her eyes to the object she was looking at.  My engagement ring. "W-what is that?" She asked.

"It's none of your concern." I told her.

"Just tell me what it is!" She screamed. I just stood their, surprised by her screaming. I was silent for a moment, but I thought that she deserved to know, since she's Nathaniel's ex. "My enagement ring." I said silently. She looked at me, shocked and speechless. I know that she wanted to slap me, to punch me, to kill me. It was all the emotions in her eyes. But instead of doing all that, she just stormed off, leaving an aura of anger in the room. I slid down the wall, sighing in relief. "Sana" I whispered. I was able to heal the bruising on my legs and the scratches onmy face in a matter of minutes. I sighed, wishing that I was out of this cell and walk through the Royal Garden. I started to play with my engagement ring, and suddenly, a thought popped in my head. If I marry Nathaniel, does that mean I'll become queen of Acelin? That thought made me start to hyperventilate a little. I decided to wait until the moment comes and dozed off into a deep slumber.