Chapter 25 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers! Sorry for the long update, but I had soooo much writers block I was like "GAAAAAAAAH!" Finally, thanks to the wonderful words of James Patterson, I finally got my muse! Anyhoo, Here's Chapter 25, ENJOY!!!! ><

P.S. If you read the final Maximum Ride book, Let's all agree that we will all miss Max, Fang, and the rest of the flock. :'(     </3

***************************************************************************************************************

I paced back and forth for what felt like an eternity infront of the infermary door, waiting to hear Nathaniel's condition. Tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face,  scared of what might happen to Nathaniel. Adabel and her sisters were doing all they can to help Nathaniel, and I had my faith in them. But I was still scared. Seeing Nathaniel go unconcience infront of my very eyes made my heart stop and my head scream. "Please be okay." I whispered, praying to my heart's content. "Please be okay." Suddenly, the infermary door opened and it was Abrecan that came out. "How is he?" I asked frantically. "Is he alright?"

"Calm down, Lucy. He is alright, right now he's just unconscience." Abrecan explained. I exhaled in relief, happy to know that Nathaniel is alright and isn't in a life threatening state. "But what happened to him?" I asked.

"It's been over a thousand of years since that book has been opened. It must've written new information that Nathaniel's brain couldn't handle it." Abrecan explained. 

"Is it okay if I go inside?" I asked her. She nodded in reply. I slowly walk through the infermary doors and see Nathaniel unconscience on the infermary bed with Achyls and Adabel by his side. I quickly walk by his side, and tears start to flow down my face again. "We'll leave you two alone." Adabel said silently. And with that, they both left the room, leaving just Nathaniel and I. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't help it. I buried my face on his sheets, crying loudly. "It's all my fault!" I cried. "It's my fault you were in pain!" I cried and cried for what seemed like forever.  Suddenly, I felt something on my head. I looked up to see Nathaniel patting my head, smiling down on me.  "It's never your fault." He whispered. I gasped and smiled. He forced himself to sit up straight, wincing at the pain. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it hard. " Oi, that hurts! " He exclaimed with a  gasp of pain at the end. 

"Sorry." I said apologetically. "But I was so worried. When I saw you on the ground in pain, I was scared to death. I thought that you were -"

"Shh." Nathaniel hushed. "It's okay. Everything's alright now." Nathaniel stroked my face, wiping my tears away. I smiled and giggled. Suddenly, Fay bursted through the doors. Nathaniel quickly moved his hand away from my face, and i stepped back. "Oh, Nathaniel! Poor Nathaniel!" She whined. I looked at the door, and I see Adabel. "She wouldn't take no for an answer." She whispered. I looked back at Fay, who was stroking Nathaniel's face. I felt like slapping Fay on the head, but then i saw Nathaniel's eyes. He  looked at me and gave me his it's- okay eyes, which calmed me down a little. Fay finally noticed me and gave me a disgusted look. "What are you doing here?" Fay asked with a disgusting tone.

"Nathaniel is not only my master, but my.....friend." I told her, trying to swollow the "friend" part.

Fay scoffed. "Yeah, right. Your just a maid, a poor one if I may add." My anger was now at the boiling point. I was about to strike at her, when Nathaniel suddenly said something. "She is my friend." Nathaniel said, surprising Fay. "And my best friend, if I may add." I smiled at Nathaniel, and he smiled back. Fay was looking at me, then Nathaniel, and then back at me. She screamed in anger, shocking both me and Nathaniel. Then she walks up to me, our faces almost a centemeter apart. "Think whatever you want. Just remember this: Nathaniel is mine!" She told me. After that, she stormed off, pushing Achyls and Abrecan out of the way. I sighed in relief, releasing out all the anger and stress. I walked back at Nathaniel's side, and held my hand again. "Thank you." I told him. "For standing up for me."