Chapter 15 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

Hello Readers! Things are getting heated up in this story! <3 Here's Chapter 15, ENJOY!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

Despite the fact that I was sleeping in what could be the most comfortable bed in the Kingdom, I still couldn't sleep. Who could after what happened today. I practically threw myself into Nathaniel, the engaged Prince of Acelin! I could feel my face burning up. I looked over at William, who was fast asleep holding his pillow. I smiled and gently kissed him on the forehead. I got out of bed and decided to go to the kitchen to make a midnight snack. I hoped none of the Royals didn't see me, especially since I was barefooted and only wore my new purple silk night gown. When I arrived, I decided to just give myself bread with jam and some warm milk. As I ate,  my face stilled burned with embarrassement. I couldn't get that momment out of my head. Suddenly, Fay pops into my head. I sigh. I thought she was suppose to be this gentle and kind princess, not he snobby one who loves to gossip. As I ate, I heard someone coming into the kitchen. I panic and try to hide, but everything was so cramped I couldn't hide. The person who came through the doors was Nathaniel who was in his pajama trousers and shirt. My faced burned, but I ignored it and waved. "You couldn't sleep?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nope. What about you?" He asked.

"Same." I replied. I took a giant bite into my jam covered bread and a giant gulp of my warm milk. All of a sudded, Nathaniel starts bursting with laughter. "What's up with you?" I asked.

He pointed to his upper lip. "You've got a milk mustache with a little jam on it." He told me. I felt my upper lip to feel that he was right. I blushed and thought of a mischevious idea. I looked at my warm milk and raised my hand. Some of the milk rose from the jug, and I gave Nathaniel an evil look. I shoot my hand toward him, and the milk flys straight to his upper lip. "Hey!" Nathaniel excalimed. I laughed. I see Nathaniel running towards me. I scream and try to run away, but i'm cornered. In his hand is a knife covered in jam. "No, please!" I laughed. Too late. I was now covered in jam. Nathaniel tried to stop his laughing, but by looking at him, it was quite difficult. He gave me a hand and helped me stand up. "I think we should be getting to bed soon. Your first day as my personal maid starts tomorrow." He informed me.

I nodded. "Good night, Nathaniel." I said with a smile.

He smiled back. "Good night, Lucy." And with that, we both walked to our rooms. Once I entered my room, my face burned even more. I could feel my heart  racing. Suddenly, I realized something that should have never happened. Something that was impossible beyond words. I was falling in love with Prince Nathaniel.

The next morning, I put on my new maid uniform, picked up my satchel and looked at myself in the mirror. I had just realized my true feelings for Nathaniel, and I was scared about how I would be around him. "Lucy, hurry up!" William called. I snapped my head back to reality and headed out the door. I see Nathaniel leaning on the wall, looking at the sky. I tried to make sure I wasn't blushing. Luckily, it was so light I doubt it was visible. Nathaniel notices William and I and smiles. "William, you need to head to the Animal Garden. Lucy and I have to head to a meeting." Nathaniel explained.

William nodded. "Okay. Bye Lucy!" He gave me a quick hug and ran off. I waved him off goodbye. Nathaniel started walking, and I followed him. We entered a room with a large table. I could see the King and Queen of both Dubois and Acelin already seated. Other people I didn't recognize filled the other seats. And sadly, Fay was there as well. She waved at Nathaniel and pointed to the seat next to her. Nathaniel smiled and nodded. He walked over there, but I just stayed put. After he's seated, he must've realized that I wasn't next to him. He motioned me to come. I slowly walked over there, holding my satchel tightly. When I finally reached him, he motioned me to sit. I sat, feeling a bit uncomfortable. Soon,  King Jules began to speak. "We will now start the meeting for the Kingdoms of Acelin and Dubois. First agenda, the riots of the lower class of Acelin." This caught my attention. The riots of the lower class towns people happened every Friday at eight o'clock. They did riots because the Royal Palace wasn't paying attention to us. "They've been causing so much disturbance. What are we going to do?" Someone asked. Everyone started talking at once, trying to solve the problem. Even Nathaniel was apart of this. His face looked calm, but his voice was powerful, it even sounded a little scary. I looked over at Fay. She was looking at Nathaniel with dreamy eyes. It made me sick. Suddenly, King Elroy from Dubois yelled, "Silence!" Everything was silence. "If you want this to be solved, it must be compromised with cooperation." Everyone nodded and looked at the both of the Kings. Suddenly, Fay stood up and spoke. "I think we should just forget about them. Banish them." I looked at her with shock. Annette, Mr. O'Riley, and everone I love will be banished? I looked at Nathaniel to see his reaction. To my surprise, his face showed no emotion.  "That may be appropriate." King Elroy said.

"We could do that." King Jules said as well. I couldn't stand it anymore. I stood up, and everyone stared at me. Nathaniel looked at me with shock, and Fay was emotionless. "Who are you?" King Jules asked.

"I am Lucy Chanton, Prince Nathaniel's personal maid, and also a member of the lower class." I introduced myself. My voice sounded strong, but on the inside, I was as scared as a mouse. 

"How dare you speak out of turn!" King Elroy bellowed.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, but I cannot stand listening to you banishing my friends and my family!" I yelled. "Do you really want to know why the towns people are having these riots! It's because you neglect us! You only care for the middle and high classes, giving them all the medicine, money, healthy food. But what do we get. Scraps for food, barley enough money for us to live on our own, and no medicine for us to heal! Is this what The Royal Palace has to offer!" Everyone stared at me with shock. I sighed and sat back down. I looked at Nathaniel, but he looked furious. I could hear Fay snickering. King Jules stood up after a long moment of silence. "Although the maid spoke out of turn, she does have a point. We have been neglecting the lower class." I looked at him with shock. He looked at me and continued. "You have been among the lower class. Please tell us how we can make it so that we can finally have our peace." I nodded and told them everything we needed : food, money, clean water, medicing, and better living quarters. Everyone was agreeing with me and decided to help the lower class, which made me happy. 

After the meeting ended, I quietly followed Nathaniel. I could tell by his vibe that he was angry with me, but I was also angry at him. He's seen everything in the lower class, yet he was silent. Suddenly, he stopped and turned to me. "What in God's name were you thinking!" He yelled. His angery voice startled me and I cringed. "You completley made a fool out of me! I'll probably get scolded for not handeling you well."

"I'm sorr-" I began

"Sorry doesn't cut it! You embarrased me, in front of the scribes, in front of my parents, and worst of all, in front of the King and Queen of Dubois!" He screamed.

Finally, I snapped. I slapped him, and he looked at me with  surprise. "Who cares if you were emabarrassed! My friends, people who I love, were about to be banished! And what did you do? You just sat there silent! You've been to the lower class town, you saw all those people in rags, yet you said nothing! If this is how your gonna act once you become King, I dont wanna be there for it!" I screamed. He stared at me with shock. I walked away, and then I stopped and turned around. "And I thought you were different." I said. And with that, I left him alone.