Chapter 17 : Lucy

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers! Sorry for the veeery long update, but I've been pretty busy traveling, going to parties, and especially going to this rockin cultural horror movie festival!!!!! Yay!!!! Anyways, here's chapter 18, Enjoy!!!!!!! ><

***************************************************************************************************************

After the storm, I couldn't sleep. Not only was I still shakened up from the storm, I was still thinking about  the kiss with Nathaniel. Even thinking about it made my face burn. I decided to get some warm milk to help me sleep. I quickly ran to the kitchen barefooted, feeling the cold marble floor shivered up my legs. When I reached the kitchen, I saw Nathaniel already eating in the kitchen. He noticed me and smiled. I oculd feel my face burn to the point where I thought I was going melt. I smiled a little and waved. "Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." He greeted back. Soon, an awkward silence filled the room. I slowly walked to the counter and poured myself a cup of milk. I took a sip and realized that Nathaniel was staring at me. I tried to ignore it, but his dark brown eyes were hard to miss. "So," I said, tired of this awkward silence, "why could'nt you sleep?"

He stared into my eyes and said, "I was thinking."

This made me curious. "Thinking of what?" I asked.

"Stuff." He said plainly.

"What kind of stuff?" I asked.

"Thats between me, myself, and I." He said with a smirk. I just stared  at him with confusion. Wasn't he thinking about the kiss? I know I was. After I finished my cup of milk, I went to wash it out, but suddenly I tripped on the broom, falling backwords. Just when I was about to hit the ground, I feel Nathaniel's hands catch me. I heard a sigh of relief from Nathaniel. "You sure are clumsy, aren't you." He joked. I looked at him, and suddenly I began to giggle. "Why are you giggling?" He asked.

"Casue this isn't the first time you've caught me. Remember the ball." I reminded him. Nathaniel giggled too. Soon we were giggling together. After the moment of giggling, it went silent. I was in the kitchen, laughing with the man who kissed me, the who proclaimed that he loved me. Soon enough, my face was burning with embarrasment again. Nathaniel suddenly starts to stoke my my hair. I look at him, and he suddenly pulls me towards him. He gives me a hug, a gently and warm hug. " Everything I said today wasn't a lie." He whispered. "I do love you."  I blushed and stared at him. I shook my head in denile. "But why do you love me? I'm just a poor girl, a maid, and your the Prince of Acelin. There's no way we could be together without there being a conflict."

"I dont care! I dont care if the whole world didnt accept our love, I would still love you, no matter what!" He exclaimed. I stared at him, astonished. Why does he love me so much? Did he forget that he was engaged? Suddenly, Nathaniel gave me a straight face and asked, "Do you love me?"

I looked at him with shock. "Of course I do. But we dont know the concequences of this. I could be sent to jail for being romantically involved. And then what? What's gonna happen to William?" I asked frantically. 

"Then we'll run away together." He said suddenly. 

I looked at him and sighed. "Do you think we can really keep this a secret from everyone?" I asked.

He nodded. "We can meet eachother every night  by the pond." He toldme. So many thoughts and questions were running through my head, like can we actually keep this up, or will I tell William about this. Suddenly, Nathaniel leaned in towards my face, and his lips were pressed against mine. I was about to resist, but I just melted into his arms. I felt lightning in our lips, feeling estatic.  Nathaniel pulled away and smiled. I smiled back awkwardly. He suddenly kissed my forehead and whispered into my ear, "Good night, Lucy." And with that, he left the kitchen, waving from behind. I lean on the nearest wall and slide down. I rub my face and groan. "Things just got.....interesting."

The next morning, I woke up to see William looking over me, smiling. I groaned put my pillow over my head. "What time is it?" I groaned.

"Almost nine. You have to get ready." He told me. All I wanted to do was just sleep the day away. I slid under my covers and continued to sleep. Suddenly, I felt a splash of cold water on my face. I got up right away and gasped. I see William holding a glass that was once filled with water. "Why'd you do that?!" I asked, very upset.

"Because the more you sleep, the less time you'll spend with Nathaniel." He explained. I looked at him shocked. I could feel my face burning again. "How do you know about me and Nathaniel?" I asked.

"How do you think Nathaniel confessed to you. We had a man to man talk." William said. "Now get up and get ready." I got out of  bed, but I felt as if a ton of rocks just piled on my back. I got dressed, did my hair, and William and I headed out the door. Nathaniel is already ready, as usual, and smiles at my arival. I smile back. Before I went to bed last night, I learned how to control my blushes, so that people dont suspect anything. I took a deep breathe. "Good morning, Nathaniel." I greeted cheerfully.

"Good morning." Nathaniel greeted back with a smile. 

William grinned mischeviously. "I better go to the Animal Garden. Bye, Lucy. Bye, Nathaniel." William ran down the hall, his snickers echoing in the hall. Soon, we started walking to the Dining Hall for breakfast. When we got there, I saw both Kings and Queens already seated. Fay was there too, which made me a little uncomfortable.  Fay noticed Nathaniel and waved her hand, gesturing him to sit next to her. Nathaniel walked over there and sat next to her. I was about to follow him, but suddenly, something in my chest began to ache. I clutched my chest, trying to stop the pain. Soon, the pain began to disappear. What the heck was that? I walked over to the chair and sat next to Nathaniel. Suddenly, one of the other maids walked over to Queen Lisette. She whispered something in her ear. The Queen nodded. She stood up suddenly, and everyone stopped eating. "Everyone, we have three guests arriving today. They will be staying for three months, helping us with our medicines and how we can make more." She gestured the door to open. Two butlers opened the doors, and three black hooded people arrived. The first hooded person removed the hood, and a beautiful woman with long, bright hair and shining green eyes appeared. "Hello, my name is Abrecan." Abrecan introduced. Suddenly, I felt a surge of pain in my head. All of a sudden, the windows flew open, and a gust of wind entered the room. The guards quickly closed the windows. Nathaniel looked at me, as if trying to ask me if I did it. I nodded, and then winced at the pain in my head. The second hooded person removed the hood, and a another woman appeared, but with short curly black hair and dark brown eyes. "Hello, my name is Achyls." Achyls intorduced. Soon, the chest pain returned, but this time worse. Suddenly, I could feel my powers surging out, as if I was leaking. Suddenly, everyone's drinks evaporated, disappeared.  Nathaniel looked at me again, trying to tell me to stop. I shrugged, trying to tell him I can't. "This is getting weird." I heard Fay saying. Finally, the last hooded person removed their hood, and I see a girl with long blonde hair and grey eyes. "Hello, I'm Adabel." Adabel introduced. Soon, there was pain coursing through my body. I tried to hold in my screams, but I couldn't hold it in. I let out a painful scream, and everyone's eyes were on me. I tried to get up, but I just fell right away. There was so much pain I didn't know how I would survive. I see Nathaniel right by my side, yelling, "Lucy! Lucy, what's wrong! Lucy!" Just when everything was going black, I see the guests looking at me. Suddenly I hear their voices in unison in my head. "Something is coming, Lucy. Something dark, evil. Only you and the Prince can save us all." They said. Suddenly, they disappeared, and so did the rest of the world.