Chapter Forty

3rd person’s POV

   The crashing of the hammer made the victims cover their ears. It was all dark and the room was all rusty and empty. But aside that, they were freezing at the cold temperature the room held. Can they escape?

   The girl almost cried after seeing their situation. Xiana... She whispered her name as her tears dropped. Her dad was at the table, sleeping as if he got beaten up. His arms were tied behind the chair and his whole body was sitting at the wood chair as he sleeps, with the bruises in his cheeks.

“Dad.. We’ll return safe and alive. I promise.” she whispered, talking to her dad wanted to hold his hand and reassure him. “We’ll be okay dad, I’m giving my trust to lord.”

But then she realized that no one knew where they are and where they went. Who would save them?

“Well.. Well.. Well.. If isn’t my most favorite member and his daughter.” A voice creaked from afar making Xiana moved his whole body while she breaths nervously. Suddenly, she froze seeing who the face is.

“Who are you?” She was terrified by it’s appearance.

The man laughed realizing the lady he had captured was innocent and never knew what had happened between her dad and him.

“Who am I, you asked? The only person who HATES your lame and stupid dad!”

“Stop!” The man kicked the chair making Xia’s dad shook. But he never woke up.

“Ohhh.. I think your dad was just so tired.”

“What do you want from us?”

“Simple. Your own lives!” He yelled, laughing evilly at her. She then started to think that it isn’t true and this is all just a joke. “But.. How did we get here? We thought the police was following us!”

He laughed. Suddenly, he opened his shirt as a uniform of a police was visible. Xiana never thought of it. He dresses as a police just to capture them both. But if they did. That means the driver must be in danger too! Or is he damaged? Maybe he’s in the hospital! She thought.

But those prediction must be impossible.

“Let us go!” Xia cried.

“Not if I’ve stolen your dad‘s happy ending!”

“What did he to you?! Why are you so mad at him?!” She asked making such a loud voice, as it desperately echoes to the room.

“I’m so mad because HE CHEATED IN THE GROUP!! He informed the police! And now he’s paying all that!”

“BUT that was just what he’ll do to see me! His daughter! Don’t you understand his love for his child?! You can’t understand because maybe you don’t have a child–”

“SHUT UP!” then he pointed the gun in her mouth. Xiana gulped.

“You don‘t have the rights on judging my life you filthy kid! Once you talk about it... Your dad will be easily gunned.”

She was speechless and horrified.

“Xiana..” His dad woke up making his eyes open carefully. Xia’s spirit lighten up seeing her dad waking up. But the man just smirked playing the gun to round and round.

“Dad!!”

“lame. I don’t want this to be a fast speech.”

“Y-You... w-what did you do to my child?”