♠1♠

A new semester of school began, indicating your sophomore era in the senior high school had just about to begin. You neither knew what to do nor write due to the long duration of holiday that didn't felt like it.

The day was sunday as your noisy alarm suddenly rang, waking you up on not-so-early morning, precisely nine am.

After turning off the alarm, you cleaned and prepared yourself then started packing up for school. You then checked your phone to find that one of your group chat was filled with over 900 notifications.

(y/n) :
"what's up?"

Arin :
"Just woke up?"

(y/n) :
"Yes hahahahah"

Bella :
"As expected...."

During your freshman year, you managed to find nine girls to befriended with. One of the reason why you managed to have so many close friends was because of this "VIP" class.

The "VIP" class was known to be the only freshman class within the same floor as the sophomores, which located on the third floor of the school's building. While the other batch of freshman got to be on the fourth floor, you got to be on the sophomore's neighbourhood.

This class was also known to be filled only with smart students, which led to an unexpected situation for you. The whole setting had made its members close to each other.

(y/n) :
"So what are you guys talking about?"

Arin :
"Lol what else? Of course about our sophomore year!"

(y/n) :
"wHAT? The absent is already out?!"

Bella :
"It had!"

(y/n) :
"Where?? Let me check!"

Demi :
"Just scroll up."

Eva :
"Or... you can check on the photos section."

(y/n) :
"Yeah the second option sounds better."

You didn't agree with the method since the class would be mixed up each year. Thus making your friends away from you. However, the school principal said that it was necessary to mix the class due to the reason "socialize", even if the truth was still nonsense.

Right after you had found the pictures, you quickly scanned them one by one, trying to find your name.

"There it is!" You easily found your name on the first class' absent sheet.

"WHAT? Why do I have to go to the same class this year????" You rechecked on the photo once again, hoping that one of your closest friend would be in the same class as yours.

Thousands of times were spent to feel of how unready you were to stand at the same corridor as your own batch. The fourth floor had too many students you didn't know since the people you known was only from your old class.

Demi :
"Hey (y/n), I think there will be a new kid in your class."

Eva :
"Yeah, and it's a boy."

Fabiola :
"OMG. Is he cute? Have you guys checked him out??"

Eva :
" I was just guessing his gender trough his name... "

(y/n) :
"What??"
"I only know like a quarter of them and there is going to be a new guy?"

Bella :
"Yep. His name is Hwiyoung."

Fabiola :
"Wow, his name is already handsome."

Arin :
"(y/n), his absent is right after yours."
"Are you blind?"

(y/n) :
"sorry, I was freaking out back then."
"Not even thinking about checking other people."

Demi :
"Also, don't forget that our neighbour is one of the freshman class, which is our old class."

Fabiola :
"Omg, I hope our juniors are cute!!"

Arin :
"Fab, can you stop thinking about boys?"

Fabiola :
"Hehehe sorry :p"

(y/n) :
"That's okay since they will probably ended up like us not knowing their own batch until now and hAVING A CULTURAL SHOCK!"

Eva :
"Just shut up."
"lets see what will happen tommorow"

(y/n) :
"Wait a minute guys, how about you people?"
"Aren't any of you in the same class with me?"

Demi :
"only me."

(y/n) :
"Only the two of us?"

Demi :
"I guess so."

Fabiola :
"Hey (y/n), I think you forgot to check on number 17."

(y/n) :
"What? Who?"

You quickly reopened the photo and checked for number seventeen.

(y/n) :
"OH WTF?!"

Fabiola :
"Surprised yet?"

(y/n) :
"Oh My God!!
"That's like my biggest nightmare!!"
"Why would I be in the same class with him?!"
"I kept on praying I wouldn't be in the same class with him and why God why you did this to meee...."

Bella :
"HAHAHAH good luck man, it was our hope anyway."

Arin :
" Now really wanted to be in the same class as yours just to so make fun of you!! hahaha...."

(y/n) :
"Thank goodness Demi stay with me."

Demi :
"Yeah I know I'm quite."
"But that doesn't mean I'll be quiet about this."

Eva :
"Hahaha nice one Demi!"

The person whose name written on the number seventeen was Choi Hansol, or the friends at school usually called him by Vernon. He was your classmates in the junior high school and what made it so embarrassing was that he was also your crush.

All of your nine friends had known this since last year, thus making them happy that you were able to be in the same class as him again, giving them hope on shipping both of you together again.

If you didn't include any of your feelings, you do really wanted to move on from him. You were grateful that you didn't have to meet him during your ninth grade, which means that you had spent approximately one year without having him. However, now it was all back again, leading you to be scared of having feelings towards him again.

The only thing left to do was just to prepare your own mental health for tommorow.

_________________________________________

Sorry for typos and since english isn't my first language, my grammar really sucks.

Hope you enjoy the story!