Chapter Eleven: Blinded...

A flash was emitted from the crest of the Gypceros and it lit up the entire cave, the three men were temporarily blinded. Rook failed his dodge, Rocky and Barbola didn't have a chance.

But even though Rook was blinded, he still tried to fight but he couldn't and he couldn't find his potions. Rook was up-against-the-wall, he prepared for the worst.

Suddenly, bullets went flying into the cave and hit the three men, they felt healthy and their blindness was gone.

"What was that?!" said Rocky, "Never mind, let's just pray we finish, this quest!" Rook said in a stern voice.

So they drew their weapons, but before they could attack the Gypceros was dead. It had bullet holes all over its skin. Barbola started to carve it up and at that moment the crest started to flash. The Gypceros started to swing its body around the place.

Barbola didn't stand a chance, he was on the floor dead. He had suffered a blow to the head from a rock he hit as he was flung across the cave.

"NO!" said Rocky, as he tried to run towards his fallen comrade but the Gypceros was about to attack. Rook used his fade-slash and the Gypceros loudly died.

Rocky looked at his fallen comrade's body. Rook walked out of the cave, and headed back to the Guild Hall and told the Guild master what happened.

"A man died?!" said the Guild Master with a saddened voice, Rook replied with "It doesn't matter, the quest was finished and that is all that matters!" the Guild Master replied with "What?! But he died, he had a wife and family!" Rook took his share of the money and walked off.

Something was playing on his mind, he was wondering who had fired the shots, he couldn't think of anyone but he knew it was a human being.

He took the first caravan who would take him to where he wanted to go - the cave where the Gypceros was killed.