Chapter Thirteen: Ukemo Village!

"Good Morning!" said Lance in a cheery voice, "Let me go back to sleep..." Rook said drowsily, "We're getting you some new gear!" Lance replied. "Ok, fine! Just give me a second." Rook said trying to stand.

By the time they got out of the Tavern, most of the shops were open. "Huh, so this is what Ukemo Village is like!" Rook said while looking at all the people.

"Come, come please look at my items for sale!" said a man pointing at Rook. Rook walked towards this man, who had dreadlocks and was wearing some glasses.

"What's your name?" Rook asked while walking towards this man, "Oh, me? I'm called Tool!" answered Tool while waving his hammer around, "So what's for sale?" Rook asked while looking intrigued. "Everything my friend, as long as you have the Zenny!" replied Tool, he looked like he was about to dance, "I'll have that armour and that Longsword!" asked Rook, while, looking for the Zenny, "You know what, have the Long Sword for free!" Tool said while dancing around his forgery like a Qurupeco. "So how much will that armour be?" Rook said handing him a thousand Zenny, "That'll do, that'll do my friend!" Tool said, now howling like a Great Jaggi.

Rook paid Tool and wandered off, saying to Lance, "What a weird man."

They then went to an item shop where an old lady was having a half-price sale on all of her goods "Ah Hello there, what brings you here?" the old lady asked.

"I need ten potions, five pickaxes, five bug nets and ten whetstones." Rook replied while looking at a man, he was at Tool's shop buying a dagger.

"Ok that'll be two hundred Zenny," the old lady said looking pleased. "Is that everything?" Lance said blocking Rook's view of the man at Tool's shop, "Yes that is everything!" Rook said packing his new items into his bag.

"Right let's go back to the house, the chief is letting us use."

Ukemo village was a beautiful village! With many hunters coming from all parts of this new world and hoping to have their names remembered through the sands of time.

Rook never told anyone about the reasons why he became a Hunter, he'd just shrugged it off and walked away but he had the eyes of a killer so most people just assumed he liked it.