Chapter Twenty-Nine: The funeral...

Sadness filled the next day in the cold 'village' (or what was left of it). Felicia waited by the village gate for the Guild to come...they didn't come until hours later, "And what time do you call this!?" Felicia aggressively asked the old and short Guild Master, "We did everything we could to get here....please understand..." replied the Guild master in slow saddened voice, "Well that wasn't good enough! Huh! I've now got ten injured, eighteen dead and that isn't counting hunters!" Felicia said slamming her hand against the wooden post that held the gate up!

Felicia then walked off to her house, limping. "Maybe we were too late? Never mind...let's deal with the injured and the homeless!" The Guild Master said looking at the floor. The only buildings left were the infirmary, Felicia house Matt's house and the gathering hall for the village.

Max woke up in the infirmary next to Eve, "Damn it, not agai-!" but before he could finish he touched his back....but nothing was there. Not a cut or anything but the other thing was everything about him had healed.

His broken leg, the two cuts (the one from Ukemo and the one Matt did) had gone the weird thing was he had no scars, nothing!

"What the hell? What am I?" Max said quietly then he stood up walking out of the infirmary and into the 'Village' but not as soon as he walked out the Guild saw him and ran to question him. He was about to get ready to fight them but saw they did not draw their weapons nor did they grab him or pin him.

"Rook calm down, we're not here to take you away or harm you!" said the Guild Master walking towards, "Why should I believe you, you sent those 'men' after me!" Max said sternly, "Oh for goodness sake Rook the Guild doesn't do things like that! You know deep down that it wasn't us!" replied the Guild Master replied with while smoking his dark oak pipe. Max looked at the snowy, burnt floor and said, "Fine...but...my-my-name is Max." The Guild Manager stopped, started to cough on the smoke and looked at Max with a suspired but happy face and said, "It's you...the man who warned us, it was a shame not many people believed you...or believed us..." Max looked confused about what he just heard.

"What? What do you mean?" Max asked, "Yes, it's true I was one of the world leaders. Now there's no need for us...it's time for you younglings to show us what we should've done in the beginning!" Max then asked, "So what do you need me for?" the Guild Master started to smoke his dark oak pipe again, then released a big puff of smoke and answered, "This man Lance. We need to find him. His last sightings were coming up the hill and attacking the village, do you know where to find him?" Max started to think and running through the last three weeks, he then remembered the cave where he found the Gypceros and for some reason Lance didn't want to go back there, "He's where the Gypceros hunt happened! The one from a three weeks ago!" Max said but then he asked, "But before that please give Matt a funeral he deserves?!" the Guild Manager looked Max in the eyes and said, "We've already started!"

The next day they held Matt's funeral. The villages the where left and hunters all came out to bury their fallen hunter. Max wore his Yukumo armour. Eve came out, Max helped her stay upright. Felicia wore her chieftain uniform. The Guild Master wore a black Guild uniform.

The service lasted for a whole day with many tears. Sadly Eve was too un-well to last for the whole day so she had to go back to the infirmary for the last hour.

That night Felicia where talking about what to do with Eve. "She won't survive any longer with that cut, she needs to be put out of her misery!" Felicia said trying to hold back the tears, "No! I have a friend who can fix her but he's a hermit and lives in the most dangerous part of this world! Iron Valley." the Guild Master said, "We have no hunters who can take her there!" Felicia said pointing to Iron Valley on the map.

It was at this moment Max came through the door, asking about what will happen to Eve. "We don't kno-!" Felicia was about to say but the Guild Master butted in and said, "We're hoping to take Eve to Iron Valley but we have no hunters to take her!" Max then sat down and started to think about the possibilities.

"I'll go!" Max said standing up, "No! You need to stay here, to help us find Lance!" The Guild Master replied smoking now from a birch pipe. "So who will go?!" Max asked pacing.

"I will!" said the Guild Master, slamming his birch pipe on the dark pine table.

Early the next day the Guild Master had five of his elite hunters and himself, headed off on a cart with two Popodromes pulling the cart. Eve was in the back of the cart covered in blankets and pillows.

So it began the long trek to Iron Valley at meet the Guild Master's friend.

The Night before...

"Please promise me you'll be safe Max!" Eve said wearily, "I will and I'll make sure Lance pays for Matt's death!" Max answered clenching his fist, "Remember, his death won't bring Matt back" replied Eve closing her eyes to sleep."