Chapter Thirty-Four: Going Rogue

"So Boss, what is the purrlan now?" said Angry (Matt's old Palico), "You're not coming! You're staying here and don't call me Boss!" Max said while equipping his equipment.

The now mature cat liked his fur, curled up into a ball and fell asleep.

Max looked back and whispered, "This is for you...Matt!" and then he started to walk, into the frosty-moonlit-night to get revenge for all what had happened.

The Next Morning...

The birds were tweeting, the Popdroms were moaning and the whole village was alive again (considering the attack happened a month from today). The repairs were happing quicker than most people expected.

The injured were mostly healed and the ones who couldn't ever fully recover began to see hope again.

"This steak isn't that good, damn..." Max said to himself while sitting on a log, eating this 'Well-done steak'. Max had a swig of ale from his white leather drinking pouch and started to walk again. He hadn't slept for the whole night nor did he care, honesty.

Suddenly Max heard a twig snap, he sniffed the air and his eyes changed colour (the right eye turned black and the left eye turned red), "Show yourself!" Max yelled, he then heard a sound of metal being fired....

Max turned around to see a metal spear speeding towards him. 'SLICE' and 'CHING' went the metal spear spearing Max, "AHHHH" Max yelled in agonising pain!

Max then passed out....

Meanwhile in Wycam...

"Eve's back!" yelled Oak, Felicia ran towards to the gate to meet her but got a big surprise; it was Tinkerer, "Tinkerer, is that you?" Felicia asked, "Yes it is me! After many years I've finally had the courage and help to leave from Iron Valley!" Tinkerer explained, Felicia then asked "That's good. We need you now!" Tinkerer looked at Felicia in shock, "What do you mean by that?" Eve looked around and yelled, "Where's Max?!"

Felicia looked at the ground and said "He went after Lance...", "What! Ya, let him do WHAT?!" Eve said furiously.

Tinkerer started to look for Max's thoughts (via his Cortex Piece), he saw nothing but darkness, "He's, he's gone...." Tinkerer explained, "What do ya mean?!" Eve asked, "He's found, Lance...."