Chapter Sixteen: The Kecha Wacha

Max accepted the request so he and Eve got ready for the hunt ahead. Eve got her gunner gear on, Max sharpened his Long Sword Cha-Cha tired on a new mask that he made (it looked like a rabbit but with feathers for ears) and Kyamba was dancing to raise morale.

It was dark by the time they were already "Let's get goin'!" Eve said while Cha-Cha and Kyamba were fighting over who could get the first attack. They told the other Shakalakas in the village they would be back soon and then they headed off into the dark, dense forest.

They walked for about two hours until they saw it. This Gigantic Kecha Wacha, "There it is!" Eve said while looking through her binoculars, "He's a big one! But no match for me!" Max said running ahead. "Wait!" Eve said while readying her Heavy Bowgun. Max didn't listen he just kept running towards this giant Kecha Wacha. Something didn't seem right. Normally it would be sleeping but then he looked at its mouth and said "Is that blood?!" he was right this wasn't any normal Kecha Wacha. Max drew his Long Sword and got ready for the hunt. He knew that this one wasn't the same, 'BANG-BANG' Eve's Bowgun went - she was still an amazing shot after all this time.

Cha-Cha worked on giving support to Eve and Kyamba worked with Max. The Kecha Wacha then did something none of them could have predicted, it let a large howl. That of a Qurupeco and sure as anything a large monster appeared. It was a Gypceros, the one Max had fought in the cave.

"Damn it!" Max said while looking at the two gigantic monsters, "Run..." Eve said while placing her Bowgun on her back.

Max is the man he was ignored Eve's command, he started to breathe heavily and his Long Sword glowed a painful looking red. Eve saw a side of Max she had never seen before. That's when she understood why people called him 'Rook' not because to get him famous but because they feared him.

"AHHH!!" Max yelled at the two massive beasts and like a knife, through butter, the Kecha Wacha's claws broke in half. The Kecha Wacha let out a bloodcurdling scream and ran away back into the dense forest.

The Gypceros fell when Eve fired an explosive round into its head and when Max cut its underbelly it was dead. The Kecha Wacha had fled, "Right, let's get back to the village!" Eve said walking towards Max, Max was still breathing heavily and his Long Sword still was glowing this deep-dark red and there was blood was dripping down from the blade and from Max's head.

Then Eve bent down to look at him and said, "Max! MAX! What the hell has happened to you?!" Max said nothing he sheathed his Long Sword and the blade stopped glowing blood red. Max was about to run after the Kecha Wacha but then Eve held his shoulder. Max was about to do what he did to Rocky in the Guild Hall but Eve was quicker than Max, Eve grabbed his arm and twisted it, "AAAAAA!!" Max said letting out a tremendous cry.

"Huh, you truly are an animal. Well, I have no dealings with animals!" Eve said looking at Max. Max was panting and grunting. He was on the floor where Eve threw him. Eve then looked into his eyes she saw darkness in his right eye and death in the left eye.

It was at this moment Max stopped breathing heavily and his eyes went back to being an ocean blue, "This is why I don't like people getting close to me..." Max said trying to stand.