Chapter Thirty-Five: "It Ends Here!"

Max, woke up chained to the inside of the caves' wall with Lance standing right in front of him, "Ahh, good you're awake, good. I thought I killed you by the spear that I fired at you but I was wrong, your healing abilities still work." Lance said laughing like a maniac.

"You...wait...until...I...get...of...here..." Max said slowly, breathing heavily, "You honestly think you can win!? Ha-ha-HA!" Lance stated still laughing.

Suddenly Max and Lance heard and "Purr", "What the hell was that?!" Lance yelled, "Mew and don't worry Boss! I'm going to save you, purr!" said the strange cat-like-voice, "Who's THERE! COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF!?" Lance shouted angrily.

It was at this moment Lance fell to the floor, ripping his hair out, then a pitch-black smoke covered the cave. Max wasn't the only one who could turn into a beast!

Suddenly one bright-red eye appeared from the smoke, it was a Nargacuga! When the smog was gone Lance wasn't there then it hit him....Lance was the Nargacuga.

"ANGRY! RUN!" Max yelled. Max's eyes started to turn red and black he ripped the chains off the wall and ran deeper into the cave with not much but his armour, his Cortex Piece and rage!

Meanwhile in Wycam...

Eve was sat down in the Guild Hall, shaking, worrying about Max. Tinkerer was talking to Felicia.

Felicia came over to Eve and said "We're going to get Max and bring Lance to justice! But you can't come...!" Eve looked at Tinkerer and said "NO! Who the 'ell do you think you are! I'm coming, like it or not!" Eve yelled, "Oh-oh, f-fine...." Felicia said sounding convinced and scared (just a little bit scared).

"We need to get going to save Max." Tinkerer said tapping Felicia on the leg (he is very small) and they got ready to leave to save Max.

Meanwhile in the Cave...

"C'mon show yourself NOW!" yelled Max scrapping his fingernails against the cave walls.

Suddenly Lance jumped out from the shadows while being the Nargacuga still.

"So, you want....to fight....?" Lance said quietly, "How can I understand you?" Max thought in his head but he didn't care he had to save the people he loved.

"AHHHHHH!" Max yelled running towards Lance, Lance swiftly dodged and clawed Max's back. The blood dripped down his back but Max didn't care, he just got even angrier!

Max turned around and punched Lance in the face.

"You can't win Max..." Lance said to Max still in his Nargacuga form, "Bring it, NOW!" Max yelled to Lance, "Oh I will." Lance replied and while he was saying that the black smoke appeared again.

Suddenly Lance appeared from the black smoke running towards Max with a Nargacuga talon.

'SLICE' went the talon against Max's chest, Max fell to the floor...dead....

Meanwhile in the Rath-Train...

"Tinkerer, what is happing to Max?!" Eve asked worried about Max, "Nothing, I think...I think he is...dead..." Tinkerer said bringing his head down looking at the floor, "What.....WHAT?!" Eve screamed, falling to the floor crying....

"We're here....it ends here!" Felicia said readying her Light Bow-gun. Eve stood up still crying but that sadness turned into a rage "Let's kill this monster!" Eve stated, Tinkerer grabbed his Cortex Piece and said, "I'm too old to fight but you, you have this!" Eve took it out of his hand and said, "Thank ya!" and so they went off into the cave to fight Lance...

Meanwhile deep in the cave...

"Max! Max! Wake up, bud!" said a strange voice, Max opened his eyes and guess who he saw. Matt! "I thought you died..." Max said wearily, "I am and so are you!" Matt said putting his hands behind his head smiling a bit, "WHAT?! I've dealt with much more serious injuries that were nothing!" Max said trying to stand, "Yes and no. What has been keeping you alive is that Tablet called the Cortex Piece there are three. The one that Lance has, another one that....Eve has and then yours!" Matt explained to Max, "So what happens now?" Max asked, "You go and fight!" said a deep-loud voice.