• 4 •

Annabeth's POV

I was heading down the hallway to my sixth period class, chemistry. Oh God, Percy is in this class. Even though I know it wasn't my fault, I still feel embarrassed about earlier, when we tripped. Thinking about it, I was reminded of his beautiful deep sea green eyes. In them, I saw mischief and something else I couldn't quite place my finger on. Something along the lines of... desire, maybe?

No Annabeth. I said to myself. We've been over this. You cannot fall for Percy. You cannot like him. He most definitely does not like you. And besides, he can have any girl he wants. Why would that be you?

You're right. I told my conscious. He doesn't like me and I don't like him. It is what it is.

I walk into the classroom and take a seat at an empty table in the middle of the room. I place my book bag on the floor and wait for further instruction. Suddenly, I look up to the door and am greeted by a familiar pair of sea green eyes. Percy. We hold each other's gaze and I watch as his eyes sparkle until the teacher interrupts.

"Mr. Jackson." Said Mrs. Ramirez. "You're late. Take a seat in the middle next to Annabeth." I slightly raised my hand, signaling that I was Annabeth. Percy made his way over to me, grinning. I gave a small smile back. He sat in the chair and placed his book bag on the floor next to him.

"Hey." He whispered with a warm smile.

"Hey." I whispered back, returning the grin.

"Today class, we are doing an experiment. Your partners will be whoever you are sitting with."

Percy smiled over at me.

"You will be given various different chemicals that you will have to mix together in order to get the right reaction. Now, everyone come up and get your gear. Protective goggles, latex gloves, and smocks." Mrs. Ramirez finished.

"I'll go grab our stuff." Perch offered.

"Okay. I'll wait here for the chemicals." I responded.

I got the chemicals that Mrs. Ramirez was handing out and neatly placed the vials into the stand. I then placed the stand in a straight line at the center of the table. I had my notebook open and pen ready to take notes on the chemical reactions. I considered myself a very neat person. A little OCD sometimes, but normally I had it under control. I just liked it when things were neat. It helped me function. If I was in a messy workspace, I wouldn't be as productive.

Percy came back with our gear.

"Well, someone is organized." He remarked as he looked at the table.

"Well, what can I say. I'm a bit of a neat freak. I can't function if things are messy." I reasoned.

"That actually makes sense. I'm not as neat as you but, I can't have things a total mess." He said.

I simply nodded.

He handed me a smock, goggles, and gloves. I was able to get all of my gear in just fine. Percy, however, was having an issue. His arm was in the head hole of him smock and his goggles were crooked and upside down.

"Uh... need some help there?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"Please." He asked.

I started to help him by getting his head in the head hole and his arm in the arm hole. As he pushed his arm through the sleeve I was given a lovely view of his muscled arms. I felt his arm flex when I went to adjust his sleeve for him. Dang, he is ripped. I thought. He was muscley, but not in an 'on steroids' way. It was more natural, but obviously he did something to get those muscles.

No Annabeth. You need to stop. I reminded myself. I need to keep myself in check. Your life is fine the way it is. Adding a boyfriend will introduce so much unwanted drama. Right. No boys. Just focus on the task at hand.

I then helped him readjust his goggles. I took them off of him then placed them on correctly.
I saw Drew give me a death glare from across the room, but I brushed it off. However, I knew I was in for a treat later.

"Ooohhh. So that's how it goes on. Makes so much more sense now." He said.

I giggled in response. Once again I was met with those sea green eyes. God, I love them so much. I could stare into them for hours. Getting off track Annabeth. Pay attention.

"Okay so what should we start with?" I asked, clicking my pen.

"Uh, lets try..." he thought for a moment. "How about this one and this one." He picked up two vials; one with a purple liquid, and the other with a red.

"Alright. Pour them in." I told him. He poured them in slowly. When they mixed, nothing happened. "Well that's not it." I said. "Um, how about these two." I suggested, holding up a vial of green liquid and a vial of blue liquid.

"Pour 'em in." He said. I poured them in slowly, just as he had. When they mixed they made a beautiful color; similar to Percy's eyes. I hadn't realized I had actually said that out loud when he asked

"What?"

"Nothing." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay." He said with an eyebrow raised and a smirk, just like I had before. We're kind of similar. It's romantic... I mean it's just a coincidence. That's a common facial expression. It means nothing.

Then I realized the mixture hadn't done anything. I wrote the results down in my notebook. Percy watched me as I wrote.

"You're hand writing is so nice." He complimented.

"Thanks." I said in reply. "But I should be telling you that." I nodded in the direction of his notebook. His handwriting was neat and clean, which surprised me, considering how he wasn't able to get on simple safety gear.

"I have an idea." He said with a troublemaker gleam in his eyes.

"Percy. What are you doing?" I asked cautiously.

All of a sudden there was a giant mushroom shaped cloud of foam coming from the vial. It was over flowing everywhere, all over our notes and onto our smocks. We quickly got up as it flowed over the edge of the table cascading into our chairs and the floor.

Percy's mouth was wide open, in a smile. I was freaking out because I had no idea what to do. "Percy! Do something!" I scolded. I began to panic but then reminded myself that panicking gets you nowhere. Then I saw a large bin on the side of the room. I ran and grabbed it, placing at the edge of the table to catch the flowing concoction. Percy did the same with another bin. Then I grabbed the beaker; that was the source of the liquid and threw it in my bin.

Our table and entire area was covered in the muck.

"Mr. Jackson, Ms. Chase. You will be staying after class to clean this up!" Mrs Ramirez scolded from the front of the room. The rest of the class was in shock after watching the whole thing unfold.

I sighed and tried to shake the muck off my hands. Percy no longer had a grin on his face.

As everyone filed out of the classroom Percy and I stayed behind. We had a lot of cleaning to do.

Author's note

Long chappie, I know. But there were a lot of key details and a lot that happened. Hope you like the story so far. I know, this just like every other percabeth fanfic, I know. But I really wanted to write one. So yeah. Stay tuned! ... please.