• 42 •

Annabeth's POV

"Hey." Percy said as we were driving to school. We were stuck in traffic and just sitting there, listening to the radio, until Percy decided to say something. "I was just thinking. How come you weren't surprised that I play the guitar?"

"What?"

"When we danced in the rain." He said, a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Oh." I smiled as I remembered our romantic night. I love that memory. It's something I'll cherish forever.

He asked you a question.

What!? Conscience, you're still there?

Well, yeah. I can't leave.

That's true.

But answer his question!

Right. Sorry.

"Oh. That's because I saw the case in your room the first time I came to your apartment." I said.

"But I keep it in my closet."

"Well, not that time, you didn't." I laughed. "But that was really good. Your skills are better than I thought them to be." I grinned cheekily at him.

"Well, thanks and you're mean." We laughed.

There was a short pause. "You know, that got me thinking."

"What did?" He interjected.

"The time we danced in the rain. I don't know if we've officially said it yet, but I'll go first." Percy shot a confused glance my way. "I love you. Like I really am in love with you. It's not just like a 'bye love you' or a 'night love you' but a real I love you. I really, really love you, Seaweed Brain." I smiled at him.

I had meant every word I said. I really do love Percy. He's perfect. He makes me laugh, he makes me happy, he—surprisingly enough—always knows what to say at the right times (which is very rarely-only unless it's a dire situation), and he would wipe away my tears and do anything for me. If it would make me happy, he'd fly around the world a million times. And I would do the same for him. I love my Seaweed Brain. More than anything.

He looked over at me, grinning, eyes shining. "I love you too, Wise Girl." I could tell his words were genuine; it wasn't much but just enough. It was more than enough for me. He leaned over and kissed me.

We were so rudely interrupted by the person behind us honking and yelling, "Move it!" We pulled away and laughed.

"So much for a romantic moment." Percy said with a laugh.

"I know right." I chuckled.

The rest of the drive to school was spent in a comfortable silence.

When we finally got to school, we met with the others—Piper and Jason—who were walking hand in hand, which made my smile wider—, Hazel and Frank, Leo and Calypso, Reyna and Thalia, and Nico and Will.

Thalia noticed our smiles and smirked at us with an eyebrow raised. "Well, some people are happy campers." She gave us a quizzical look. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing." I said, a dreamy smile on my face. Percy was wearing a similar goofy grin. We were holding hands and standing shoulder to shoulder. I could feel Percy's body heat and it provided the slightest bit of warmth from the cold January air.

"If you say so..." Piper said smirking at us. We all walked into school. We headed off to our classes, some with and without the members of the group.

And it was pretty much the same old boring day.

Until lunch.

Author's note

Guys I know this is kind of a filler, but I'm running out of ideas a little bit. Just a lil bit. I need more stuff for the time between January and May. You'll find out why eventually. Anyways, I apologize for this and better content is coming. The next chapter will be good—an idea I remembered as I was writing this.

Thanks for all the reads guys.  Don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks. Love you guys!
-bella💕