• 51 •

Annabeth's POV

"Yeah Annie!" I heard Leo yell from the bleachers. I was at a volleyball game, the entire crew sitting up on the stands cheering on Reyna and I.

I had just hit the ball back into bounds so the team could hit the ball over the net. I quickly got back to my spot as the other team returned the ball. The ball was coming in fast, so I slid to get it, bumping it up at the last second. 

Jasmine set the ball high in the air. I watched as Reyna jumped up and spiked the ball down--right between the two rows. The ball hit the floor hard, and bounced up.

"WOO YEAH!" Out friends were screaming from their seats. Reyna and I shared a look and laughed as the ball was rolled to me.

"Serve it up, Annabeth, serve it up!" Clap, clap, stomp.

The team cheered. I bounced the ball three times and served. A hard over hand hit landing in the back row. It was quickly returned to me. I set it up high in the air and Vera ran in to help me. She hit it up and over the net.

The volley went on for what seemed like forever, until we finally got the point. I served again and again, until we finally hit 25 points.

Our whole team lined up to shake hands. We all gathered around Reyna and congratulated each other. "Good job Annabeth. Alright girls, we played great today. Good job. Eagles on three!"

Everyone stuck their hands in the middle. "One, two, three, EAGLES!"

Reyna and I walked over to the crew and were engulfed in hugs and high fives.

"Nice save there Annie!" Leo high-fived me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

"Reyna, that serve that you made in the beginning, that was incredible." Frank added.

"Thanks."

"That was awesome, Wise Girl." Percy kissed me.

"Thanks, Seaweed Brain."

"Why don't we all go out for ice cream?" Thalia suggested.

Everyone agreed. We all piled into Jason and Percy's cars and headed to Menchie's.

We were all talking and laughing with our ice cream. Suddenly Nico cleared his throat. "Guys. I have something I should tell you." He placed his ice cream down on the hood of the car, as did Will. Nico walked up to Will, and kissed him. Will looked shocked at first, but then eased into the kiss.

They finally separated. Nico took a deep breath. "I'm gay." Everyone just stood there, a bit shocked at what Nico had just done, for it was so... Un-Nico-like, I guess.

"Oh no..." Nico sighed.

"What?" Leo asked.

"You guys are freaked out. I knew I shouldn't have-"

"Hey." I cut Nico off. "We're not freaked out. We're proud of you." I looked at the others, trying to convey look like what I'm saying. "You're embracing who you truly are, despite the fact that that can be difficult. You're still the same Nico that we know and love, but just more you. You have nothing to worry about, because we are all here supporting you." I smiled at the dark haired boy.

He smiled back at me. "Thank you." He gave me a hug. I was surprised at first, for I had learned that Nico hates physical contact, but I hugged him back, honored. Everyone else joined in.

When we all separated, Nico turned to Percy. "And I think I should get this off my chest." He took a deep breath. "I had a crush on you, but now I realize that you're not my type. But are we cool?"

Percy just stood there, eyebrows raised. Then he smiled. "Yeah. Of course we're cool." Then they did that bro-hug thing. Nico turned back to the others. Percy furrowed his eyebrows. "Not his type..." He mumbled.

I laughed. "Oh relax, your ego is too big."

"Wha-- no it's not!" Percy protested.

"Oh yes it is." I waved my hand dismissively.

"No it--" Percy was cut off when Will cleared his throat.

"Okay are we going to acknowledge the fact that death boy just kissed me?" He asked.

"Yes, we are." Reyna said.

"By doing it again." Will leaned towards Nico, who was happy to return the kiss.

And everyone was happy. Nico was happy. Will was happy. All of my friends were happy.

And that made me happy.