• 23 •

Annabeth's POV

I was sitting on my bed, my notes sprawled all over the covers, studying. I had planned on spending the night in, relaxing. Not that I actually had plans. I have like three friends, remember? Anyways, I was home alone because my dad was on a business trip. I was wearing only spandex shorts, and a sleeveless, workout-style tank top. I had done my hair in two French braids after I showered.

Suddenly, I heard someone pounding on the front door. At first I was skeptical; maybe it was someone who was mentally unstable and they would shoot me if I didn't give them my valuables. Then I realized that there was only a 28% chance of that actually happening and I got up to go get the door. As I was walking down the stairs—the visitor still pounding on the door—I heard a familiar voice say "Annabeth."

Percy? No. There was no way. Despite my doubts, I open the door to none other than

Percy.

"Percy, what are you doing he—." I noticed a bruise forming in the right side of his face. My eyes widened in shock before my eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"What happe—" he cut me off by engulfing me in a hug. I immediately hugged him back and he started sobbing. Heart broken, horrible sobbing. My heart instantly shattered.

Percy was leaning on me. Putting all his weight on me. Depending on me for support. I felt like this didn't apply just literally.

"Oh Percy. It's ok." I whispered to him.

"I'm here." I rubbed his back in an attempt to sooth him.

"I'm always here."

***

Eventually, we made our way upstairs to my room, and he was lying on my bed, drinking the hot chocolate that I had made him. He looked exhausted. I sat on the bed next to him. When I looked in his eyes, the highlights in his irises looked more like little cracks, as if his spirit was broken.

And I felt like the shards of my heart broke into even tinier shards.

I had cleared the notes from my bed and plopped them on my desk, all in one pile, not worrying about being organized. I just wanted to help Percy, to make him feel better.

"He—" Percy tried to speak but began to choke on his words.

"Hey. It's ok. We don't have to talk about it now. I'm here whenever you're ready." I said, soothingly rubbing his shoulder. He seemed to relax. I laid next to him on the bed, and he placed his hot chocolate on my night stand. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his head in my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and began to rub circles in his shoulder with my thumb. I leaned my head on top of his. We just sat in each other's arms, in comfortable silence, for a little while.

"Finding Nemo?"

Percy nodded. I grabbed the remote and turned on the t.v. I rented Finding Nemo on demand. Before we could even get through the first ten minutes of the movie, I could hear Percy ever so slightly snoring. I thought it was adorable, and I couldn't help but smile. I turned off the t.v. I reached over and switched off the lamp on my night stand, careful not to move too much because I didn't want to disturb Percy. But even when I almost dropped my phone and jerked to get it, Percy stayed sound asleep, arms not moving from my waist, and head not moving from my chest.

And once I was settled, I just fell asleep, me holding Percy, and Percy holding me. And his heart beating against my side was the most reassuring thing I had ever felt.

Author's note

YOU GUYS. I PROMISE THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE PERCABETH. AT LEAST ONE MORE CHAPPIE SHALL BE MADE ABOUT THE PERCABETH.
-bella💕

Ps. Don't forget to comment! And I hope you enjoyed. (=