• 13 •

Annabeth's POV

Remember how I said "I just hope I don't go viral."?

Yeah.

Note to self: if you don't want something to happen, then don't say or think it.

I basically jinxed myself.

"Oh my God, Annabeth! You're trending!" Reyna squealed. -I know not very Reyna-like.-

"Oh my God, no." I said in disbelief. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. The video had already hit 100,000 views.

When I was singing in class today, someone had taken a video of it on their phone. They posted it to YouTube. Now I was going viral. And I was terrified.

The video had 50,000 likes. The few dislikes it got didn't bother me. But, oh my God, people all over the world were hearing me sing. We scrolled through the comments while Reyna read some off to me.

She's so talented!

She sounds awesome

I wish I could sing like her

Her voice is so good!

There was some hate that Reyna didn't read, but I still caught sight of.

Her voice is irritating me

My ears are bleeding

Stick to the shower

I saw them, but I refused to focus on those. Those were only three mean comments. I already had 50,000 likes and the video was posted only an hour ago. It was number 12 on trending. People all over the world were hearing me voice. And they thought I was good.

Flash Back

I was just sitting on Reyna's bed when she had yelled my name.

She was just scrolling through her phone and saw the video title: Annabeth Chase sings Hamilton's Satisfied. We were taking a quick break to just chill.

End of Flash Back 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Reyna and I got up to get it. Reyna opened the door to Percy, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Nico, and Thalia. Percy just walked right in, with everyone behind him.

They all started saying how I was going viral on YouTube.

"Annabeth, you're famous!" Percy announced finally. He grabbed me, picked me up and spun me around as I laughed. We were in the same position we were at lunch.

Yet again, we were staring into each other's eyes. Yet again, his hands were on my waist. Yet again, my hands were on his shoulders. Yet again, everyone was quiet. 

"You guys are ridiculous. Stop staring." I scolded as Percy and I separated.

Leo just burst out laughing. Everyone stared at him, extremely confused. Especially Percy and me.

"We're—" he laughed. "Ridiculous?" He was holding his stomach, doubled over. When he was finally finished, Reyna asked

"Are you done?"

Leo caught his breath. "Yes. But she called us ridiculous. Us! Ridiculous! Clearly they have not looked in a mirror. They still don't see the elephant in the room." He finished.

Piper sighed. "They will eventually."

"Guys come on. Tell us! It's like you have some secret language that we don't understand!" I begged.

"Yeah. It's like you guys are conspiring against us to steal our identities and then replace us with clones after killing the real us." Percy attempted to back me up.

Notice how I said attempted.

"Clones, seaweed brain?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Okay so that was a little exaggerated, but that's besides the point. Tell us!" He demanded.

"Sorry, can't." Reyna said with her hands up in surrender.

"Come on Reyna. You're my best friend." Percy said. "Tell us!" He said shaking her by the shoulders.

Reyna stayed stiff as a board. "Which is exactly why I cannot tell you. As your best friend, I do what's best for you. And it's best that you figure it out in your own."

"Fine!" I said in frustration, though I wasn't really mad. "We will figure it out. Right, Percy."

"Yep. Without the rest of you." Percy tried to rub it in their faces.

"Good." Said Thalia.

"Anyways!" Piper began. "What are you singing for the talent show?"