• 35 •

Annabeth's POV

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of waffles. My hunger implemented my jumping out of bed and quickly getting ready. I threw on a pair of light wash ripped jeans and a dark grey cropped hoody for my shirt. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, my little side bangs naturally falling forward. I put on some mascara after washing my face and brushing my teeth. I slipped on my black Converse and flew down the stairs.

I found my dad in the kitchen, with a plate of waffles. He turned to me with a smile. "Morning pumpkin. I made you some breakfast."

"Thanks dad." I smiled at him. I took a few bites of the delicious waffles, before realizing that I was going to be late. "Crap! I gotta go dad. Thanks for breakfast bye love you!" I said as I rushed out the door, grabbing my coat and throwing it on on the way. I hauled my book bag on one shoulder. I heard him call "Love you!" just before I closed the door.

Normally, I would walk to school with Percy, but... not today. I fled down the busy streets, apologizing to people that I bumped into on the way. School was still two blocks away and it was already 7:57. Damnit. I was going to be late.

***

"Sorry I'm late." I barged into Mrs. Ramirez's room looking flustered. Everyone's heads turned to me. My hair was windswept and all over the place, and I'm sure that my cheeks were red from the cold December air.

"Just take your seat." Mrs Ramirez said unenthusiastically. I walked to the back left of the classroom, steering clear of Percy, who was sitting in the middle row to the right. We made eye contact for a second, and it was awkward. I finally looked away and kept walking.

We kept sneaking glances at each other, I could tell that he wanted to say something, but couldn't. That's fine. We could play this game until he apologizes. I don't care how long.

Actually, I kind of do. If he hasn't already figured out that he needs to say sorry, than I really have a Seaweed Brain of a boyfriend.

The bell finally rang and I left the classroom. I was standing at my locker when Reyna approached me, with none other than—

Percy.

"Hey Reyna, I gotta get to class." Percy walked off.

Reyna just rolled her eyes. "You two are being so ridiculous." She said to me.

I pulled my math biology book into my book bag. "Well, I'm not budging until he apologizes."

"He wants to, you know."

I stayed silent and finished gathering my things. Then Reyna and I headed to biology together. I was glad that Reyna was still my friend. That she wasn't picking sides. Reyna is very levelheaded. It's kind of refreshing.

***

"Um, are we gonna acknowledge this?" Leo asked as he pointed between me and Percy, who were sitting on opposite sides of the table, looking less than happy. I sat with Piper and Percy sat with Jason. Reyna wasn't going to choose so she sat with Leo.

"They don't want to talk about it." Piper answered for me. I didn't argue with that. Percy didn't look like he wanted to protest either. Thank God for Piper. She's such a good friend. I gave her a look like thank you. She just nodded knowingly.

Lunch for the rest of the time was awkward. Everyone just minded their own business and ate their food. A couple times, someone tried to make small talk; it didn't really go anywhere.

***

I had never been so happy to hear the bell ring for the end of lunch.