• 43 •

Percy's POV

"Come on Annabeth. Please? Just this once." I pleaded with Annabeth.

She just kept moving with the line. She grabbed an apple and placed it on her tray. "No Percy. You have to get the answers by yourself!" She scolded. "And 'just this once'? This is the fifth time, Percy!"

"But please!" I grabbed an apple and followed Annabeth as she stepped off the line.

"Percy, no." She turned to me.

"Pleeeeeeaaase?" I asked, making my eyes big and quivered my lip. It was my baby seal face. Annabeth could never say no to this.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine! But this is the last time." She said. She kept walking to the others at our table.

I stopped her and kissed her. "Did I ever tell you that you are absolutely the best girlfriend ever and that I love you so very much?" I said as we sat down.

"Yeah, yeah." She waved me off, but she was smiling.

"Well. Someone is happy." Hazel looked at me.

"Yeah. Spill." Leo joined in.

"It's just because Annabeth is letting me copy her homework because I had swim practice last night and I couldn't get it done. In other words, being the most amazing girlfriend in the world whom I love so very much." I pecked her on the cheek.

She looked at me and smiled. "Yeah. You're lucky that I'm so amazing." She said sarcastically. "I'm really saving your ass." She finished. We all laughed. But, Jason and Piper were laughing at something else.

"What's so funny you two?" I asked. They both stopped their laughter abruptly and looked at us.

"Oh. It's this really old picture of Jason, Leo, and Percy that he was showing me." Piper said. "It's hilarious." She turned Jason's phone to us.

It was a picture of the three at about four years old. We were all wearing paper cone birthday hats. We were covered in cake—some was in Leo's dark little curls and Jason had his frosting-covered hand in his mouth. I looked like I was in the middle of clapping my hands, and there was the biggest smile on my chubby little face. I was definitely the cutest. We were only wearing shorts and Leo and I were looking at the camera while Jason was too interested in his fingers.

The picture was adorable. I remembered that picture. That day. It's one of my favorite memories. When things were much simpler. Life was easier. I had my best friends and I had fun. That was all that my life was. I love that picture.

Everyone awed over the picture.

"Aww." Annabeth grabbed Jason's phone. "This is so cute." Annabeth laughed. She leaned towards me so I could see it. I smiled at it from above her shoulder.

"Oh my god." I chuckled. "I remember that. That was..." he thought for a minute. "My fourth birthday, actually." I said. Annabeth sent the picture in a group chat with all of us. Once she got it, she pulled out my phone and screenshot it.

I noticed what she was doing. "Hey! Wise Girl come on!" I complained, but I was grinning at her.

She laughed. "Nope. That's a keeper."

"I wanna see!" Leo reaches over and snatched the phone from my hands. "Hohoho," Leo laughed, smiling. "Aw that was the best! I remember that day. Aw, I was so happy." Leo finished.

"Aw you were such a cute little baby. What happened?" Calypso asked.

"Ha ha." Leo nudged her. They laughed together. They were so cute. It made me smile. They passed the phone to Hazel and Frank.

"Aw Percy you were so cute!" Hazel squealed. I blushed at her comment. "Thanks."

"Even I have to admit this picture is pretty adorable." Frank smiled.

They passed it to Reyna, Thalia, Nico, and Will.
"Oh my gosh, I remember this day!" Reyna exclaimed. "You three were all a mess and I stayed far away because I didn't want you to ruin my yellow sundress. God, I loved that thing." She handed the phone to Nico and Will.

"Oh, this is too cute." Will said.

"Meh." Nico said.

"Oh come on, death boy! You gotta admit this is the slightest bit cute." Will insisted.

"Don't call me death boy!" Nico complained. "Fine. It's a little cute." He said.

Annabeth smirked at me. I looked down at her, confused. She just rolled her eyes.

Jason took his phone back. "I think that's one of the best pictures I own." We all laughed and talked and ate our lunches.

And it was a good day.

Right up until high heels came clopping through the cafeteria, straight to our table.

Author's note

Sry I haven't been updating. I'll try to do more and I'm sorry.

Anyways, thanks for the reads!! Don't forget to comment and vote and share!
Thank you guys!! Love you!!
-bella💕