• 7 •

Percy's POV

After swim practice, I headed home.

Oh God. Home. Gabe. I do not want to face him. He's going to tell me to go get him beer and then I'm going to say that I can't because I'm too young and then he's going to hit me.

It's the same process everyday day. For the past three years.

The only reason why I don't tell my mom is because she needs the financial help. My mom only married Gabe because she was having money troubles. She didn't know how else to get help.

I know that when my mom married him, she was doing it for me. So she could support me.  She put up with him for me. And while I loved her for that, part of me felt guilty. It was because if she ever found out what he does to me, she'd feel like she did all of it for nothing. And that it was her fault that I'm getting hurt because she married him. Although, from one stand point that's true, I didn't want my mother to blame herself. I want her to be happy.

***

I hopped out of my car and walked up the path. I pushed my key into the lock and the door opened. My mom was out at work, so thankfully she wouldn't see what was about to happen. I walked inside, but before I could make it to my room, Gabe stopped me.

"Hey kid. Go pick me up some beer." He sneered.

"I can't. I'm too young. Go do it yourself." I know I shouldn't have added that last part.

Gabe stood up from his old brown recliner. He walked toward me with hatred in his eyes. As he walked closer to me, I backed up until I was against the wall. He was so close to my face that I could smell the alcohol in his breath. Not a good time.

"You worthless little piece of shit." He spat. Then he moved quicker than I could register, and there was a searing pain in my gut.

Author's note

Look, I know very short chappie but this was just a little insight if Percy's home life. And trust me, this is important. Remember this: I only include the important details. Meaning this is foreshadowing. Hehehhehe. Also sorry for the profanity. I try to keep it at a minimum.