• 49 •

Annabeth's POV

When I finally reached the beach, the sun began to set, casting beautiful colors across the sky. I walked through the sand, my converse kicking it up behind me. I found Percy standing on the beach. He was surrounded by a circle of candles. No, not a circle—a heart. Oh my gosh I have literally the cutest boyfriend in the world. He was standing there with a single rose. He was wearing a fancy black blazer with khaki pants. He looked so fancy that I felt underdressed in my ripped skinny jeans and salmon sweatshirt. As he saw me approach, his face lit up, making me smile too.

"What's all this?" I asked as soon as I walked up to him.

Percy handed me the rose. He grabbed my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh just, a little something special."

I giggled. "Oh Percy. Always a jokester." We laughed together.

Percy pulled away from me and stepped back. "Annabeth. I love you so much. I knew that I would fall in love with you the first time I looked into your beautiful grey eyes. So," he reached into his back pocket and I was presented with a little black velvet box.

No.

"Annabeth." My hands flew over my mouth after it dropped open and my eyes were nearly bulging out of my head. Percy noticed my disbelief and shock. "Will you wear this promise ring," he laughed as I sighed in relief and chuckled. He opened he box to reveal a beautiful emerald ring on a gold band. "With pride, knowing that I love you, and that will love you forever?"

I grinned so wide that my eyes smiled as well. "Oh, Percy. Of course." He slipped the ring onto my left ring finger and pulled me into a tight hug. We kissed passionately for a long time after that. And it was just me, him, and the waves crashing gently against the shore in the distance. I pulled away and looked at him. His sea green eyes shone beautifully in the light of the setting sun. I took in all of my amazing boyfriend. "Why did you get an emerald?" I asked looking over his shoulder at my hand. The jewel glowed in the orange light.

"Because I know that you love my green eyes." He blushed.

"I do. God you are gorgeous." I breathed. Percy chuckled. "But you really are. What did I do to deserve someone as perfect as you?" I tilted my head to the side.

"You did nothing but simply be your amazing self." He kissed me. I smiled against his lips. And it was perfect.

In that moment,

Everything was perfect.

Author's note

Guys!!! 9k reads you guys truly are insane. Thank you so so so so much. I only started this story a little while ago and it still blows my mind how popular it's become. Your comments brighten my day, so be sure to love suggestions and thoughts!! Don't forget to vote, comment, etc. thanks. Love you guys!
-bella 💕

Ps. I started a new story: Never Be. The chapters are a bit longer and it has a different story line. I think it's pretty good so I'd rly appreciate it if you gave it a read. Thanks!! Love you!