• 22 •

Percy's POV

I walked into the apartment to find my mom arguing with Gabe about something. It was about eight at night. I had gone for a walk in Central Park after school, so I could delay having to come home.

"I want it cleaned up! Put all your beer bottles in the garbage!" She yelled.

"You do it!" Gabe yelled back. He was clearly drunk. They continued to yell at each other. Then Gabe saw me.

"You! Get over here and clean this up!" He blustered over to me. Suddenly, his fist collided with my face, and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. My mom came running towards me, but Gabe grabbed her arm and slapped her across the face, forcing her to the ground.

That was enough to send me over the edge. I suddenly had a burst of energy, and the pain in my face didn't seem to matter. The only thing that did matter was protecting my mother. I ran up to Gabe and punched him square in the face. He stumbled and fell on the floor. But he was still conscience. My mom was off the floor and her I could see a red mark on her face. This filled me with rage. But before I could go over to Gabe and kick him where it counts while he was still down, my mom grabbed me, her bag and ran out the door, slamming it behind her. We ran to the elevator and got in.

"Go Percy. Go to a friend's." She told me. She was clearly panicking but holding it together for my sake.

"What about you?" I asked. My fists were clenched and my eyes almost had tears in them.

"I'll be fine. I'm going to a friend's house who lives close. You get to safety. I'll call the police."

"I love you mom." I said before walking away.

"I love you too, Percy." She said.

I walked out of the elevator, my mom behind me. I pushed through the doors of the main entrance of the building and began running. I ran to the first person that came to my mind.

Annabeth.

Author's note

OMG YOU GUYS THE GOOD CHAPPIES ARE HERE. I HOPE YOU GUYS ESITED CAUSE I AM.
-bella💕